Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Bandit SC86

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thought I'd treat myself to a new pair of Skis and have been looking around for an 2010 season bargain. I currently have a pair of K2 Rangers, I've had these for three seasons and they have treated me well through various holidays but they are an entry level ski. I'm ready to move on now to a better ski for both piste and the soft stuff. I've found a pair of Rossignol Bandit SC86 at a good knock down price but they are 186s. I'm 6ft 1 inch and although the chap in the shop didn't see much of a problem with the length, I'm not quite sure? Has any body got any advise?

Many thanks, Boyd
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boyd, length is good. How heavy are you?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boyd, you don't want it any shorter. My missus demo'd this ski, liked it, then skied the S7, loved the S7 on piste so she brought that...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Spyderjon, I'm currently 16 st. My usual weight is 14-15 stone, I'm back at the gym and should throw my extra stone off soon (summer Barbeques). Thanks for the advice about the length, I just get a little freaked out when a ski is taller than me! Years ago somebody once told me that the tip of the ski should be inbetween the tip of your nose and the top of your head. I know this isn't always true depending on the type of ski etc... I just can't get it out of my head.

Thanks, Boyd
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boyd, Ask yourself are you a man's man or a girly man? If the answer's the former then you shouldn't worry about 186 being too long (says he with a 182 twin tip in his quiver)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boyd, I've had 186 SC86s now for a season and a half now.... I'm 5' 8" and weigh in at 69kg.

I do like them but I'm not sure that I would put them at the top of my "All time favourite Ski" list.

The reason I had them was to improve my Off Piste skiing and they have helped in that respect but I find when on piste they are lacking, at speed there is some ski-chatter (not sure of correct term but don't hang me for that)......... but we are talking relatively high speed.

I also use a pair of Fischer Cool Heat 185s (poss 187 or something) and love them on piste as they have none of the issues of the SC86s but then if I do take them off piste I wish I had the SC86s on.

I had a big arguement with the shop when I got the 186s..... I wanted 175s (? or there abouts) the shop keeper was adamant I wanted the 186s..... we argued, ski'd, argued some more, swapped skis, argued again, had lunch, ski'd etc etc for a couple weeks until he convinced me that he was right and I was wrong about the length.

His rationale was that my ability would outperform the 175s within a while and I'd wish I'd taken the 186s and he didn't do sale or return within the season even for me which I felt was most unreasonable.

So all in all; your 15stone 6'1" versus my 11stone 5'8" I'd have thought that the 186s would be fine.....

(I will give a disclaimer.... I know nothing!!)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm more or less the same height/weight specs as you and have 177 k2 xplorers... on piste i love them, but off piste i wish i'd gone for the longer ski. When i get new skis, which may be soon as i'm thinking of selling them, then i'll defo get something in the mid 180s long and still mid 80s wide.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi All, thanks for your help on this subject. I threw one of my boots in th car this morning and on the way home called and got the skis. The stores fixing the bindings now etc. but I'll be hitting an indoor snow slope anytime soon before wrapping them back up for the new season. THanks, Boyd
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy