Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What a great deal :)

Poster: A snowHead
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-SKIS-AND-STICKS-SALOMON-DR-PRO-LINK-/230495322978?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item35aa978362

Classic Ebay offering, its only convertion that we ski with a matcing pair Toofy Grin imaging the fun to be had with this set rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kevindonkleywood, Skiing on different length skis has a long history, see this. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alastair Pink, Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unfortunately the seller doesn't appear to be either a snowhead or conversant with Finnish ski history.
As prior to the close of the auction I did ask

"Is one of the ski poles sharpened for hunting?"

to which he responded

"NO, THEY ARE BOTH BLUNT ENDED, THANKS."

I don't think he got it, he didn't even bother adding it to the item description rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
betterinblack wrote:
Unfortunately the seller doesn't appear to be either a snowhead or conversant with Finnish ski history.
As prior to the close of the auction I did ask

"Is one of the ski poles sharpened for hunting?"

to which he responded

"NO, THEY ARE BOTH BLUNT ENDED, THANKS."

I don't think he got it, he didn't even bother adding it to the item description rolling eyes

This is classic. We should all start posting 'serious' looking questions to these idiot 'skip combers', see who can get the most ridiculous posted in the description. Bravo betterinblack!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Possible questions .............

Why are the "sticks" the same length then?

Are they for people with different size feet or different length legs?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DB wrote:
Are they for people with different size feet or different length legs?

Are you suggesting they could be used as orthopedic skis, thats a brilliant idea. TO 'DRAGONS DEN'!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
parlor wrote:

...This is classic. We should all start posting 'serious' looking questions to these idiot 'skip combers', see who can get the most ridiculous posted in the description...

As it's summer and I've time on my hands what about this auction?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Skis-/170510989568?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item27b33f3900

The only problem being the skis are actually so lovely i'm tempted to buy them
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
betterinblack, I like them too. I can collect them from Bury as well.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
betterinblack wrote:
parlor wrote:

...This is classic. We should all start posting 'serious' looking questions to these idiot 'skip combers', see who can get the most ridiculous posted in the description...

As it's summer and I've time on my hands what about this auction?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Skis-/170510989568?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item27b33f3900

The only problem being the skis are actually so lovely i'm tempted to buy them

They are rather nice, a steal for 99p.. think they my go nicely on the wall, or the stairs in the chalet!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I don't seem to be very good at this game they never seem to ammend the listing, although this fella may have sussed a wind up:-

Q/ Dear uhhbibbbhkj,

Hi can you confirm that the skis are full wood core?

A/ yes

Anyone else playing Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They would be great on the wall of a ski themed bar.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
betterinblack wrote:
I don't seem to be very good at this game they never seem to ammend the listing, although this fella may have sussed a wind up:-

Q/ Dear uhhbibbbhkj,

Hi can you confirm that the skis are full wood core?

A/ yes

Anyone else playing Puzzled

I'm playing. This one ^ may have gone a little over the posters head. Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
THEY HAVE NO DAMAGE AT ALL EXCEPT FOR ON THE BOTTOM OF BOTH SKI'S Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROSSIGNOL-SKIS-/290454006168?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item43a0686998
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
"Not a skier myself" he says (for the first item mentioned). No s*it Laughing

"Could be possibly used together" rolling eyes Laughing

Brings a whole new dimension to the 'Inner Tip Lead' saga. Depending on which foot you put the shorter one otherwise it might be classed as 'Outer Tip Lead'.

Laughing
ski holidays
Current favourite auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Salomon-1-91-parrallel-skis-poles-bindings-ski-tube-/280536810822?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item41514c0546

I'm hard pressed to pick out the most pompous sentence but perhaps "...bold blue, red, yellow lightning colours of the base are visually stronger rendering surface scratches less noticeable". Strangely for such an expert he appears to refer to the topsheets as bases and the bases as soles!

This may be a good candidate for some technical questions Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I've got some cracking Volkl skis I was going to put on Ebay soon, as I don't use them hardly anymore, as I ski off piste most of the time now. Looks like I will get a reasonable price for them judging by the current offerings on there Laughing Laughing I've only skied on them about 6 weeks as well so they are in really good condition.
ski holidays
betterinblack, A corker Laughing Laughing Have to say I was relieved to see that "Security code stamped on side." If I bought those it would of great concern to me that they wouldn't get nicked... rolling eyes
snow report
betterinblack, What a classic Laughing Laughing i think we may have a new sport here Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy