Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

swiss rail transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear all
looking to book the swiss rail transfer for Geneva to Zeramatt. Do you simply select a start date and all tickets are vaild for one month? Looks that simple, but two date insertions are possible, and it is not clear if the second date is your intended return time or not. Lack of clarity on the site, or stupidity on mine!
Anyone who has done this could easily clarify. Looks a fantastic transfer option though.
Any help greatly appreciated
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
twoodwar, They are great. When I've got mine the last couple of years from swisspasses.com they have come with start date on the ticket and you enter the date of your return on it when travelling back. Also needed to add other details such as passport number.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmm, I'm 99% sure we filled in both outward and return dates when we went to Wengen earlier this year i.e. the start date wasn't on the tickets.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi TWOODWAR - are you trying to book on the official Swiss rail site (http://www.sbb.ch/)?

Booked same trip from Geneva airport in March - was pretty straightforward as far as I can remember (with tickets delivered promptly).

Trip was very pleasant - stocked up on wine / beers and some snacks at airport. Don't be tempted into going for the first class option as all you get is a bit more space etc (no food / drink).

Hope it all works for you!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've previously bought the Swiss transfer ticket (STT) from www.swisspasses.com
The tickets are sent out without the dates entered on the ticket and they advise you to fillout out the first day of travel on the STT immediately before boarding the train on that particular day and similarly filling out the return date on the last day of use. This leaves flexibility in case your travel dates need to change for any reason since the STT is valid for one month from the first day of use. Madeye-Smiley
Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
twoodwar, Tickets should arrive 2 days after order with 2 blank fields for travel dates. Fill the first on in when you sit down on the way to Zermatt and fill the second one out when you are on the way back
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My experience has also been that you fill out the dates yourself. I was told that they only want to know when you are going so that they can prioritise sending out the transfer tickets during busy periods
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Amazing they always arive withing 48 hours of service on the normal delivery I would love to see what happens when you get the express serivce Would sire like me to carry him to the train station!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have used the Swiss Transfer ticket several times from Geneva to Zermatt and have found it very easy to use especially as the railway station is at the end of the airport. There is a supermarket near the railway station where you can pick up some food and drink for the journey and we have been able to get our flasks filled with hot water from a cafe. Think there is a train around every hour but its worth checking the timetable to make sure you only have one change at Visp. As said above you put the date in yourself, we normally do it on the train before the conductor arrives, normally order our tickets about a month in advance from www.stc.co.uk
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dear all, apologies for the delay in response, have been away. Many thanks for all the advice, it looks like a simple purchase and then fill out the tickets on arrival.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As an alternative to the transfer ticket, Swiss card is an option for non-skiers. It give the same border point to resort transfer, but also gives a discount on most lifts or railways, so is ideal for the likes of Zermatt or Wengen / Grindelwald. But as some resorts are offering free lift passes this summer, it will no be worthwhile in some places. Hope they repeat this in the winter.

I believe there is also a discount available on the Glacier Express with it, am currently investigating this and will post soon.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This be of some use to somebody. With the transfer ticket children travel for free if you get a childrens pass when you order your tickets.
Also in Zermatt children can use the ski lifts for free on Saterday`s, but you have to pay for them if you are going to ski into Italy on that day.
Take the childrens passports to the lift ticket office to confirm their age.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy