Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

March in Les Deux Alpes: "Cautious to Confident" gentle tuition

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We need to say that classes 2 and 3 (which will be fairly similar I think), are now totally full. However, we still have a couple of places for class 1 which is for VERY gentle skiing on VERY gentle slopes. So if you know anyone who maybe didn't get on too well in their first week .... Margaret and Rita and hoping for more partners in crime! Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bumpitty bump!!

Are you all getting excited, with only a week before the off?? I'm certainly jealous - it's been weird having no skiing to look forward since I returned from Italy in mid-Feb Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Red Leon, ohh yes - definitely! I have nothing packed though as I have work up to the eye-balls! Just finished tonight... then out of here 8am tomorrow, back 9pm and a full day Thurs till about 5pm. Just negotiated a day off Friday though so I can pack before collecting Judith/Margaret and driving over to a Travelodge near Manchester airportr ready for "stupid O'clock" checkin on Sat!

How did your Feb trip go?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Butterfly,

Arabba trip in Feb was ace - 6 days of wall-to-wall sunshine. It's a great area and I plan to return some time - maybe on next year's Birthday Bash

Hope you all have a lovely time - please give my regards to Charlotte and the rest of the girls Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Red Leon, will do.... off tomorrow Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Butterfly, we're flying out of Manchester at about 8am on Saturday - maybe see you there?

If we don't see you, have a brilliant week in LDA snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll see you guys Saturday evening. I'm the late arrival.... Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well what a fantastic week!

We had Sun/blue sky all day every day and wonderful snow. We were very happy with the Aalborg Hotel with few gripes. I do wish people would supervise their kids properly at mealtimes and not let them cough/sneeze over the buffet. Food also becomes distinctly less appetising after you've seen a snotty young finger poked into multiple items for a taster before its owner decides which, if any, to actually take away to eat.

On the slopes everyone made fab progress during the week and once again we have all made some great new friends.

Personally, I managed to graduate from spending much of my time on the Cretes teaching slopes and skied a fair amount of the Toura area for the first time snowHead. Following lots of work exercising it, my damaged ankle will now entertain the concept of flex and so my stiff posture is beginning to be a thing of the past Cool . Of course whenever I am feeling out of comfort zone, the old default tends to return, despite it being tons less effective! I have to replace it with a new default but it'll take time. Unfortunately I have spinal arthritis and taking a good tumble mid-week set me back a bit. I didn't do any damage, but it increased the pain level and decreased the confidence meaning that after it I skied pretty rubbish!

I am hoping to persuade the local hospital to give me copies of my x-rays and seek out someone in the osteo/physio world who wants to help me be in the best shape I can to continue activities like skiing and can help me understand what condition my back really is in. My GP, whilst a great guy, tends to take the view that I must accept I am getting older and as my body is showing "significant" arthritic changes I ought to modify my ideas of what I can/should do. That is not what I want to hear rolling eyes

Jo225 Great to see you in Grenoble in that "brief" queue Laughing Incidentally, what's the significance of the "225"?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Butterfly, well done, glad to hear the week went well, though that back sounds difficult. The sun was certainly lovely, wasn't it?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Butterfly, great to see you as well Very Happy Wish we'd had more time to chat, rather than just snatching quick bits of conversation as we snaked past each other - we'll have to make a Snowdome date soon snowHead

Glad that your ankle is better! But sorry to hear about your back Sad I guess you need to find a doctor who skis him/herself & so will understand why you're so unwilling to 'modify your ideas'...

As regards the '225', it's just one of my favourite songs - I did originally try to register as 'Jo', but that didn't work (maybe two digits were too few), so I thought that Jo225 would at least be easy for me to remember...

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 28-03-11 23:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Made it to the computer! Thanks to Butterfly for organising a fantastic week snowHead . Hope your back improves - you are very brave. The skiiing was a revelation to me - how could I have skied for so many years without understanding some very basic principles? Fortunately Charlotte made things clear! She really is an excellent teacher. Got a long way to go but feel there is light at the end of the tunnel now. Skiing technique aside I had a wonderful time - met some lovely people, had great snow and fabulous views and also ate very well at Il Caminetto - have put on weight for the first time on a skiing holiday despite being more active than usual. Am determined to return if my family will let me off the leash again Very Happy I think they are keen to visit LDA themselves now in any case after my rave reviews. Back to work in an hour for a rest.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jo225, Will deffo try to get down your way sometime! I was wondering about the 225, thinking it could be a birthday... mine's 22/5!! LOL!

AW, glad you enjoyed it. If the family fancy it why not get them to come next year too? In the past it's worked brilliantly having friends/family around who aren't having lessons. One of the things about the cautious skier is the lack of confidence to go off and practise outside of lessons. If there are folks about who are willing/able to encourage and ski with people (not just their own friends/family) this is a tremendous asset.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We now have a Facebook page "cautious to confident skiing". Please contribute pics and posts! snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy