Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice Wanted: Season in North America/Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking at doing a season in North America as I have only previously skiied in Europe. I am mainly considering the west coast of Canada as consistantly I hear good things about the skiing and snowfall; I was wondering if some of you guys out there could enlighten me about a few things (this is my first season, where I will be travelling by myself. Mainly looking to improve mybackcountry skiing)

What are the best/peoples favourite resorts and why?

What are the major pros and cons with living in the larger resorts?

WRT jobs, I am not necessarily looking for a skiing based job; I would prefer a part time job with less responsabilites, but would this make finding people to ski with difficult?

Best sort of accomodation to live in?

+ any additional advice anyone may have

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Avoid Canada - it always rains there!

How about Les Gets instead ?
A really good place for a season. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ldyb, Welcome to snowHeads
Possibly you will find people more experience of doing seasons at www.natives.co.uk
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Ldyb, Welcome to snowHeads
Possibly you will find people more experience of doing seasons at www.natives.co.uk

But not so many with an objective view of a number of resorts.

The only thing I can really offer is search function. You'll ferret out info on a number of places in Canada but only you can decide if you want the biggest, the most hardcore, whether you'd like to know every ski bum in town, how easily you make friends, how much antipathy you have to our Aussie cousins (you may be one), if you're female if you like dancing topless on the tables evry payday (Merlin's, Blackcomb sionce you ask) etc etc
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yag_si_HS wrote:
Avoid Canada - it always rains there!

How about Les Gets instead ?
A really good place for a season. Very Happy

Spent many weeks shredding in portes du soliel, feel it's time for a change from France/Switzerland!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Do you have a visa to work in Canada and/or the US?

If not, then applying through a resort is your only legal option.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy