Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How sensitive to price are British skiers and snowboarders?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear skier/snowboarder,

I am inviting you to participate in my research project to survey skiers and snowboarders from the UK. The aim of my research is to investigate how currency exchange rates influence demand for French winter sports resorts. It is to be examined how price-sensitive the UK ski market is and to what extent cost functions as a motivator for skiing in the French Alps. My research is a crucial part of my Masters Dissertation. I would like to understand the relationship between destination choice, currency exchange rates and perceived value for money.

I have included a link to a survey about skiing in the French Alps and your last ski holiday which I am hoping you will complete online. This survey is easy to fill out and should take no longer than 20 minutes to complete.

You are eligible for participation if …

• You went skiing/snowboarding (except dry slopes) in winter 2008/2009 and/or winter 2009/10
• You are a UK citizen or you have lived in the UK for at least 3 years

Then please choose one of the following links…

• If you went skiing in France or elsewhere in winter 2009/10, please click on the following link…

http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=KMOLNK_413d01a8

• If you didn’t ski at all this winter, but you went skiing in France or elsewhere in winter 2008/9, please click on the following link…

http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=KMLNKM_c4182b58

Please help me to pass on this email to your family, friends and colleagues or anyone who you know loves skiing or snowboarding as I need at least 300 completed questionnaires. Variety in terms of age and background is a critical success factor for the research.

There are no risks to your privacy if you decide to join my study by completing this survey. You are not asked for personal details such as name and address and your answers cannot be linked to you personally. All information is confidential and will only be used for statistical purposes.
Thank you very much for your help.

Kind Regards,
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ChristinaB, No problem .. but you need to look at the bias and wording of some of your questions. Although you recognise multi-trip skiers/boarders at the beginning ... most of the questions apply to single-trip only and you switch between France and generic destinations.

Good Luck
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ChristinaB, echo Agenterre's comments - I went skiing 5 times in 3 countries in 2009-10 so it's impossible to select only 1 answer from the following questions - I abandoned.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As Agenterre says, you need to look at the bias and wording of some of your questions. I answered the first few then got fed up with the poorly worded options on some questions so just clicked through to nearly the end. I then abandoned the survey.

ChristinaB, how many of your friends and family did you ask to do the survey and to comment upon its wording before you published it to a much wider audience?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx wrote:
ChristinaB, echo Agenterre's comments - I went skiing 5 times in 3 countries in 2009-10 so it's impossible to select only 1 answer from the following questions - I abandoned.

Ditto, I'm afraid. It just got too complicated to give reasonable answers so I gave up half way through.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Same here. Sorry.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ChristinaB, I suggest you pilot your questionnaire - maybe get a statistician to look at it - or, as the answers above indicate, you'll not get a sensible result. I couldn't get past "when did you book your holiday". Book what? Accommodation? Air fare? And what if there was more than one (as the initial question acknowledges there might be).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I couldn't get past "when did you book your holiday". Book what? Accommodation? Air fare? And what if there was more than one (as the initial question acknowledges there might be).

Sorry, yes, I should have said that that was where I gave up as well - even though all my holidays in 2009/10 were in France, they were booked in many bits and pieces.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Your questions

* Considering the following products, at what price per person would you consider the French Alpine ski product to be priced so low that you would feel that the quality could not be very good? PLEASE SELECT ONE ANSWER PER LINE

and

* Considering the following products, at what price per person would you consider the French Alpine ski product to be a bargain – a great buy for the money?

set the minimum too high (£350) particularly for the self-catering (I would not pay £350 for 3* self catering with no "extras")

I completed the survey, though it is more comlicated than it needs to be (and as a result of some questions/parameters (e.g. the above) you will get some odd results (e.g. the price at which I "consider the French Alpine ski product to be a bargain" will according to your survey results be higher than the price at which I consider the same thing too expensive...))

Good luck
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ChristinaB, * Comparing ski resorts in the French Alps with other ski destinations, please indicate whether you agree with the following statements. PLEASE SELECT ALL ANSWERS THAT APPLY IN EACH LINE.

Sorry gave it my best shot, but could not get round even with some artistic input the page as mentioned above and that was after struggling with alot of the pages before.

I have to agree with some of the other postings, to put it bluntly, your survey is not planned well enough to gain a representative sample of the Britsih skiing public, I would guess strongly that the standard deviation of your results with these question will invalidate any conclusions.

Sorry to be so blunt, but please take it from someone who has done and commissioned this type of research in the past across a number of markets.

As many of the posts above say look at it again and trial it more, plus If you have not already done so get the trade publications on skiing in France, I think you will find the answer is already there for you. rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I agree with what others have said. I did answer all the questions but there were a few I found I had to answer not how I would have liked.

The last question was also a bit confusing...in which country would you be willing to pay a premium to ski in?..I would not pay a premium to ski anywhere yet I had to choose at least one country.

I also agree about the minimum costs being set too high in the accommodation questions.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thank you very much for all your comments and for taking time to look at my questionnaire.

I really appreciate your advice. Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Please note that the questionnaire is now closed to responses.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey guys,

Thanks again for all your feedback. I have taken your comments into account and rewritten the whole questionnaire.

After the feedback on my initial questionnaire, I have shortened it considerably, rephrased some of the questions, taken into account the possibility of multiple trips and completely changed some of the questions.

If you have some time to spare, please give it another go.

Thanks again for your time. Madeye-Smiley

ChristinaB
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy