Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What weeks are the TOs using over Christmas and New Year?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We were going to book flights from LGW to Innsbruck in December and I see we can fly back on the 24th. Would this conflict with the TOs booking of their Christmas weeks? Hotels reluctant to book 17th to the 24th? Usually I book flights then wait to see where the snow falls. But I always hope to go to Lech, as it's quiet there then. And all Christmassy....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We booked outward flights for Monday the 27th Dec and had a devil of a job getting a hotel as most hotels were doing Sat 18th to Sat 25 or occasionally Sunday to Sunday. We eventually found a hotel via hotels.com so I would advise you to start searching soon.

Pete
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Surprised if they are sticking to their Sat-Sat schedule, Who wants to travel home on Christmas or Mew Years Day?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Who wants to travel home on Christmas or Mew Years Day?

oh no, not another kitten thread. rolling eyes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The big TOs seem to be doing Tuesday to Tuesday until New Year week then a short Tuesday to Saturday break to bring it back in line (which is what I'm planning for a nice short break). Destinations which are normally Sunday to Sunday aren't affected.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
we have booked flights to geneva on 1st Jan and having trouble finding accom in flaine area for a week from that date. any helpful suggestions appreciated. thanks
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would happily have travelled on new years day but no one seems to be offering a week's accommodation from that date. The self catering appts we looked at were either sunday 2nd to sunday 9th or sunday 2nd to saturday 8th. Sunday to sunday not so good for independent travel by train as trains are always unreliable and few and far between on sundays, no idea if rail transfer to resort buses would run on sundays and car hire places often seem to be closed on sunday. To top it all tour ops are charging more for that week than the usual cheap first week of jan price. Then for those of us with children how will ski school work with some people on long christmas/new year breaks and some on sunday to sunday. All in all we decided first week of Jan not such a good week after all next year. That new year week is probably more tempting if one is looking for a package deal or can self drive and fit round the different changeover days.

nicathy - you will probably find some sunday to saturday places that week - maybe you could try peak retreats or ski collection who have appartments in flaine area. I doubt you will find much starting from the saturday. Could you book into a travel inn near the resort that night or maybe change the flights? Or were you thinking of hotel accommodation in which case maybe you could try contacting a few hotels directly? Good luck.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hells Bells wrote:
Surprised if they are sticking to their Sat-Sat schedule, Who wants to travel home on Christmas or Mew Years Day?

Germans/Austrians will perhaps travel on Chrisrmas Day as thier main celebration is Christmas Eve.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IIRC, Inghams are doing Monday to Monday for France destinations and Tuesday to Tuesday for the Austrian resorts over the Christmas/New Year period.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy