Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easy Jet Bristol to Lyon Winter 10/11

Poster: A snowHead
Don't know if this has been mentioned already but Easy jet are flying Bristol to Lyon this winter on Saturdays and Sundays. Currently the most expensive February flight is only £49.00 snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've just paid over £700 to easyjet for 4 of us to go to Innsbruck in Jan. Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
THis depends on how you want to onward transfer as Lyon is one of the most expensive airports generally for airport transfers.

Andy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Reasonable for Alpe D'Huez or Les Deux Alpes. Bus or train to Grenoble, then local bus to resort.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's also a transfer bus direct to Serre Chevalier.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't know whether it is just those who are in hire cars form the airport but in the long drive down from Calais always find the section from Lyon airport to Chambery a complete race track with lots of pushing/shoving and mad drivers. Confused
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller, no different to the cr'p organisation of the car parks and buses at Bristol airport Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, Excellent but failed attempt to link a French motorway traffic comment to your annual moan about Bristol airport. wink Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller wrote:
Boredsurfing, Excellent but failed attempt to link a French motorway traffic comment to your annual moan about Bristol airport. wink Laughing

I'm still waiting for a reply to my formal complaint to Bristol Airport regarding their shambolic attempt to organise a car park and bus service. Easy Jet replied within 2 days! (Blaming Bristol airport! "We are working with partners to improve customer satisfaction levels")

Anyone know if Bristol airport now has a carpark with marked out lanes and spaces with a bus service that actually connects the car park directly to the terminal rather than a service that runs via the admin blocks as and when required to meet the needs of the airport staff rather than the passengers.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 4-07-10 19:29; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing, Isn't there a 'grumpy old men' thread in Apres Zone as I have disabled ability to read that forum and think your point is best served in there Toofy Grin . For the record I have used Bristol Airport for many years and have always found the car park to be easy to use. Though its actually easier as you get 10 free minutes in the drop zone to off load everyone there and take the car to the long term and walk the 5 minutes back up to the terminus. I assume the Lord of the South Coast doesn't do walking?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I assume the Lord of the South Coast doesn't do walking?

Or luggage, so no need to "offload everyone".
As you say a 5 minute walk or 15 minutes or more by the car park bus that goes via the staff admin blocks (having waited for the staff to park!) I mistakenly thought that the airport bus service would be organised for the benefit of passengers, how wrong I was, as acknowledged by Easyjet.

I hope Bristol will be taken over by Manchester who also operate Bournemouth - an absolute demonstration of how to operate an airport by putting the needs of the customer first.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, Appreciate your gripe about Bristol airport (and it constantly being brought up Toofy Grin ) but its not been my experience there.

Back to Lyon airport. One thing I wasn't to keen on with Lyon as well is that the TO buses seemed to be parked miles away from the arrival gates and luggage retrieval. With 3 kids and ski luggage it seemed one hell of a trek to the coaches.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller, Is the car hire collection point closer at Lyon?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, If you go here and click on the locate button on the right hand side of the page you can see where you collect rentals which is memory serves me right is about the same if not further than the TO buses. There is a free bus system but I know you don't like these wink

http://www.lyonaeroports.com/eng/Home/Access-Car-parks/To-come-to-leave-from-the-Airport/Car-rental
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Car hire for Lyon is off site but free buses every 15 mins straight to the door of the car hire places and you're right on the motorway. When you come back, you can drop family/luggage off right outside terminal and then take the car back to hire company. Lyon is an hour from Chambery.
snow conditions
Just seen on the Easyjet website they will be opening a new route from Liverpool to Lyon with flights commencing 18th December 2010. They are not yet appearing on the 'book online' section of the website. I will start a new thread when they are available to book.
snow report
I find Bristol airport is good most of the time - I would always pay the couple of quid extra to be in Bristol Long Term Car Park rather than the Silver Zone which def. needs a bus. Even if the space in the long term isn't near the terminal it always seems quicker to walk than get the link bus - but then my bag has wheels so its hassle free...

Wierdly I use Bristol a lot for work - and maybe its geared up for travellers like me - don't usually need to check in, and don't need to entertain kids/family. May need to wait a few minutes at security but once I'm through that its bottle of water and magazines from WHSmith and then the bar for 30 mins, then onto the plane - job done...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy