Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NEW SKI & SCUBA DIVING CLUB BASED IN SURREY

Poster: A snowHead
I am starting an Exiting new project - Surrey Scuba Ski & Social Club - primarily for experienced Scuba Divers and good Ski-ers that live in the Surrey area. This will be a non profit making club with no committees or politics, run for the benefit of its members with a view to running dive trips in the UK and abroad, Ski holidays to fantastic resorts such as Val D'Isere, camping and multi-activity weekends, and regular social events in Surrey. The website is up and running but is currently "under construction" and will be a few weeks before it is fully functional, the url is: www.surreyscubaski.org - you can log onto it now and add your contact details and I will be in touch when I have enough members to arrange a social get together in Camberley,
Once again the website is www.surreyscubaski.org
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welcome to slushnuts.

Noble aspirations re no committees or ploitics but somehow think they will be tough to live up to. Camberley not exactly central for Surrey residents - is it just you want to keep the Berks & Hants scum out? wink Good move there are some right cases on this site wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yo there - cheers - fingers crossed! snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
wisey2006, As a native of Surrey, (Dorking) that's a very good idea! However as I now live here it's a bit far to join in!! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wisey2006, if it's a club with no committee, does that mean you'll be the dictator? wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wisey2006, OK What is wrong with - say - Kingston BSAC ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, you come from Dorking? Me too!! Not lived there in about 10 years though Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
wisey2006, some friends of mine already had the idea of combining skiing and diving, but they're doing it for gap year instructor courses. Maybe you should speak to them and see if you can get some of their graduates to join your club wink

http://www.gapskianddive.com/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
beanie1, Goog Lord! My brother still lives in Tadworth, we really came from Westcott!! I haven't lived there for about 25 years or more though. Still come from Surrey though, and proud of it! Very Happy Very Happy (beautiful county)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, ha ha, I really come from Coldharbour!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
beanie1, Oh lovely! I worked there in the racing stables when Merrick Francis trained there! We used to have the pub as our local even though we didn't live there! Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sounds like a great idea......will you take long distance members? I live in Ewhurst (when its not snowing elsewhere in the world!!!)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fatbob wrote:
Camberley not exactly central for Surrey residents -

true
Quote:
is it just you want to keep the Berks & Hants scum out? wink

oi ! you !
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
beanie1 wrote:
I really come from Coldharbour!

I have been there and stayed with two SH's (well, one is an ex snowHead ). The pub is very nice and the hike up to the monument is well...monumental!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kitty, Great riding and mountain biking for sure. did you know that it's a mountain if measured to the top of the tower? really! The only one in the south of england. Very Happy
latest report
easiski,
Quote:

did you know that it's a mountain if measured to the top of the tower?

I knew that!
Spent most of my teenage years riding around there. Ths scope is endless and you can go for hours, got to be some of the best riding in SE England.

I used to live in the little white cottage on the corner opposite the road that leads up from Dorking. And some friends of ours owned the racing stables (I assume the one you used to work at!) until about 8 or 9 years ago.
ski holidays
beanie1, Did you have lions in the garden behind your house?
snow conditions
easiski, no idea! Lived there from 1980 to 1984 - I was v young so can't remember in great detail!
latest report
beanie1, Back in the day ... there was a junction on the road up from dorking just before the village and a white house on the corner. If you took the left turn you went down a hill and at the bottom on the left was the house where the Travers (Bill Travers & Virginia McKenna) lived. They did actually have Christian the lion in their garden for a while (which must have backed onto the garden of the house on the corner).. they also had millions of dogs who scared some of the racehorses! Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy