Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New lifts for 2010/2011 season

Poster: A snowHead
We drove up this evening to see the work going on to construct the new lift to the top of the Chamossiere - just to the side of the bottom of the steep drag lift, so a couple of diggers and lots of holes in the ground. Then drove on to the area by the top of the Nauchets lift and very good view from there of the route it will take up to the top - well just below the existing top. Will go back in a couple of weeks with binoculars and zoom camera for a better look and see how it is going.

The Chavannes gondola is receiving its upgrade. They have almost finished demolishing the base station and there is a large poster showing what the new base station will look like.

Haven't found anything out about the plans for the drag lift at La Turche yet. Still all still there for now.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pamski, is it going to be a 6 seater do you think, as someone mentioned earlier? While I like that area I think it could be spoiled somewhat, if that's the case Confused Also going to make the Choucas a rat run which would be a shame. The lovely man at the Blanchots hut will be busy though, so good for him Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lou,
Quote:

The lovely man at the Blanchots hut will be busy though, so good for him

exactly what we thought!

Can't tell what size it is - but if someone has said 6 seater then probably right. Its going to get a lot of people up there though which is a shame in a way.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pamski, I don't really see how this helps reduce traffic at Grand Pre (from Tom's earlier post) because generally the two busiest lifts are the Troncs and Charniaz rather than the Tetes. I know Tetes is long but it's quite pleasant. Hey ho.
The Blanchots lift was the scene of an early rise in OH's learning curve on our second trip (and certainly tested my French), will tell you next time Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lou, exactly what we thought -
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hm there is another one in Les Deux Alpes, my first proper resort Wink

Fast quad chair:

The POMA chairlift (Sautet) is being built in the Toura sector, and will link the area just below Toura to the top of the chairlift up from La Fée – on the back of the peak and serving mainly red and black runs, plus ski routes down from the Gours valley – some of the ski area’s most interesting slopes. The new chair is 474m long and should improve access to this area from the front side. Most of the towers are now in place, so the lift should be ready in time for the 2010/11 winter season.

http://www.wheretoskiandsnowboard.com/news/new-quad-for-les-deux-alpes/
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nant rouge lift is being replaced and extended in les contamines www.lescontamines.net
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
3 new PdS lifts:

Ardent

http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10476

Les Gets

http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=11178

Chamossiere

http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=11098

DrE snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
doctor_eeyore, thanks for these links -
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
New one replacing the old chair up from Les Boisses in Tignes.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Obviously 2011/12, but Fernie's getting a new lift, that will allow better access to some good terrain, the downside being it will get tracked out quicker, I guess.

http://www.skircr.com/mediaCentre/pr_detail.asp?id=682
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was wondering about starting a new lifts thread but I'm not sure if one already exists?

In the Three Valleys; top section of Saulire bubble is being replaced, Plantrey chair in Courchevel is to be a TSD6, new Funitel and new pistes in VT and starting work on replacing Platteries (info suggests not operational this season) http://www.latania.co.uk/blog/?p=2454
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Maybe a mod could split this out and title it?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In Verbier the Mayentzet and Coombe 1 have been taken out and will be combined into a new debrayable six person lift of identical design to Les Attelas (James Blunt). Works progressing well with all the pylon bases in and the base and top stations under construction.

More impressive is extensive renovation of snow making with lots more going in and the existing hose pipes being replaced with drain pipes. Great investment from Televerbier.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BCjohnny wrote:
Maybe a mod could split this out and title it?

Good idea!
snow conditions
Oopps! Started a new thread. BCjohnny and stevew may want to repost there.
snow conditions
wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy