Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nevica for the Toon Army?

Poster: A snowHead
Sports Direct have bought the worldwide rights to Nevica

Quote:
Five years ago, sportswear mogul Mike Ashley was merely the richest man no one would recognise.
But now barely a month goes by without the Sports Direct entrepreneur, who also owns Newcastle United, making the headlines.
And in his latest swoop he has alighted on skiing brand Nevica in a move to corner the winter sportswear market

Other sportswear brands owned by Sports Direct include Field & Trek, Karrimor, Dunlop, Lonsdale, Kangol, Muddyfox and a joint investment in No Fear.

Full story Here
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Other sportswear brands owned by Sports Direct include Field & Trek, Karrimor, Dunlop, Lonsdale, Kangol, Muddyfox and a joint investment in No Fear.

Boredsurfing, he also owns a chunk of Blacks so not short of outlets. It'll be 70% off by October like all the other stuff.

I like this bit: Both signed confidentiality agreements, but the deal is believed to have been struck for 'a substantial sum'. Normally that's code for "he picked it up for virtually nothing"
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller, Do you reckon they will do the ski show, it's never been the same without the C&A fashion show has it? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing, no, but there was no need to turn up in those hairy moon boots last year. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sports Direct usually buys dead duck brands then overextends them into the chav market. I have found the odd gem of quality kit from them (obviously sourced on TK Maxx basis) but I would generally count on cheapest materials and dodgy finishing for any kit they do make. I may be wrong and find out Nevica had a whole range of aRC'TERYX or Norrona style shells in Goretex pro-shell in the pipeline but I'd bet more on overpadded, sub 5,000, non seam sealed stuff.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Boredsurfing, no, but there was no need to turn up in those hairy moon boots last year. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Yeah, you did look a bit sweaty in them Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does anyone own a nice piece of Nevica Kit,
I had one Nevica ski suit (bright yellow - all in one) a long time ago, but I didnt rate it..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
...don't think the Toon lads really bothered about laser seals or powder skirts....brave lads once famous for touring the Bigg Market in t-shirts in December now seen wandering round town in Berghaus GTX in June..!..may be a cr*p chairman but business sense sounds good to me...!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nixmap, ahem...

It was 1991, but I'd like another couple of offences to be taken into consideration Embarassed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stoatsbrother, crikey, that IS loud! Laughing I must admit to having owned, for years (it wore well, despite being cheap) a Nevica all-in-one, which was white with purple and green flashes on the shoulders. I was very fond of it and it was only when I sliced the back open falling on a ski that I had to buy...my current Bogner fartbag. Toofy Grin Said fartbag was, btw, pronounced rather smart by several attendees of the EoSB. Little Angel
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I still like Nevica. I had an apple green suit with bits of purple on the jacket yoke and pink highlights.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Sports Direct have bought the worldwide rights to Nevica

Seems to fit with the rest of his chavy brands. Good work.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Seems to fit with the rest of his chavy brands

Including Newcastle United! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stoatsbrother, ...including the monoski stance wink

Pink goggle frames..very Wayne Wong
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stoatsbrother, Nice helmet, does it have a bobble? Toofy Grin
latest report
Quote:

Including Newcastle United! Very Happy Very Happy

...what do you call a makem in an arcteryx jacket....?
snow report
Quote:

what do you call a makem in an arcteryx jacket....?

We are awaiting the punchline with baited breath....

"Burgla/shoplifta" perchance?
snow report
Will Nevica be doing a Newcastle inspired range of winter clothing - extra thin with roll-up sleeves and a special pockets for hiding a meat pie and 6 bottles of The Brown?
snow report
stoatsbrother I had that same jacket but matched it with the blue sallies rather than pink.

Fortunately no pictures seem to have survived (nor, indeed, has the jacket) Very Happy
ski holidays
stoatsbrother wrote:
It was 1991, but I'd like another couple of offences to be taken into consideration Embarassed

My Nevica romper suit was quite tame by comparison to your ensemble

fatbob wrote:
...including the monoski stance

Pah, call that a close stance. Try this:
snow report
Always hard to tell with your outfits rob@rar, is that an old photo or a current one Toofy Grin
ski holidays
FenlandSkier, Laughing Tthe times might change, but my dubious dress sense doesn't wink
latest report
Neither does your haircut it seems.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy