Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance for 4 month trip recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going on a trip for 4 months to New Zealand, and will be doing some skiing- mainly at weekends and probably not that frequently. I have been looking at travel insurance for the trip from a few places, and the addition of insurance for winter sports cover doubles the quote ( £110 → £220 ).

Is there anyway I could obtain more reasonable price when I am over there? - single trip 4 days etc. I have a feeling that I can't do this and will have to fork out. The company I have used in the past have said that I could always add the winter sports cover whilst I am there, but this will be for the entire trip.

Any advice/recommendations for insurance providers for this trip would be great.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Elston, Remember that while in NZ you will be covered for treatment and rehab under the NZ Government ACC system. This does not cover travel disruption. repatriation costs and treatment after you leave NZ. Also there is no charege for Ski Patrol and mountain rescue services.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sarge McSarge, massive thanks. I did not know anything about this system. I will spend some time on the website later today after work.

Is travel insurance for this trip not strictly essential? Or would basic cover be more than adequate.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Will you be going off-piste? If so, make sure you are covered.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You don't need cover for off piste in NZ. You don't get charged for rescue, choppers etc. It's all on ACC.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Elston, maybe worth giving MPI brokers a shout re overall cover for the trip. They do a lot of ski cover and have a gap year arm so between the two they should be able to pull something together: http://www.mpibrokers.com/index2.php
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy