Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot sole length/binding adjustment question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I did try searching but still have a question after getting even more confused! Looking to buy second hand skis with Marker Griffon 12 bindings drilled for a 334mm boot. My boots are 328mm. I know jack all about this kind of thing truth be told so would welcome any advice. Would I be able to adjust them slightly to make them fit my smaller boot?

Many thanks for any help you can offer
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know specifics for that binding but it will have at least 10mm of adjustment range for different BSLs. You should easily be able to mount your boots without having to re-drill the ski.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Assuming when they were first mounted the heel piece was at it's mid point of adjustment then it will shorten ok. It will put your boot centre mark very slightly ahead of the ski's mounting line but that's no problem. Turning the smaller lower screw at the rear of the binding will adjust the length & it should be set so that when your boot's installed the head of the screw is flush with the rear of the outer housing which ensures that the forward pressure on the boot is correct (it's known as the forward pressure adjustment).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy