Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz? Hotel Dromonts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going with a very mixed group over the New Year...Avoriaz has been suggested and i'm not sure can anyone help with the following queries:

is it likely to be snow sure'ish at new year?

can pedestrians ride the lifts? the ski guide handbook thing says not the chairlifts and all the lifts up from avoriaz seem to be chairs!

is there anything to do for non skiers? e.g. swimming pool?

how practical is it for non skiers to use the lift gondola??? down to morzine?

Anyone any experiences of resort nursery there?

Any feedback on Hotel Dromonts?

Any info at all much appreciated
Thanks a lot!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Avoriaz is the highest part of PdS (2400m-ish), so it's more likely to have snow than the lower resorts. What happens though, is that if cover is poor in (eg) Morzine everyone funnels up to Avoriaz and it turns into a scrum.
Can't remember any non-chairs going up from Avoriaz I'm afraid.
Not much for non-skiers, the odd shop, loads of cafes etc, but little else (unless you like horse-drawn sleighs).
Easy access to gondola that goes down to Prodains, but would still then require a navette to Morzine, where there is a bit more to do and see.
Friends of mine used the resort nursery and recommended it. It's also very central in the resort.
I think Dromonts is Avoriaz attempt to do cool (if it's the hotel I think). All new funky interior inside one of the old 1970's blocks. Got to be nicer than the shoeboxes that P&V squeeze you into in Avoriaz, but I seem to remember it's quite expensive. Tripadvisor has some good things to say about it:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g207359-d296716-Reviews-Hotel_des_Dromonts-Morzine_Avoriaz_Rhone_Alpes.html

Hope that helps.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Michael, thank you very much, that helps a lot. I has found another alternative - les deux alpes but judging by the thread above on the subject I'm not sure about thta either!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy