Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort recommendation: group

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am (somehow, again, despite having said "never again"
Puzzled ) organising a ski trip for a group of work colleagues, and need some resort/holiday/operator recommendations:

- group of around 15-25
- sharing twin rooms (mostly)
- different levels: absolute beginner to advanced
- leaving from London (LCY is best airport but we could do LGW as well)
- short (Thursday evening to Sunday)
- some nightlife at least
- probably late January

We have been to resorts including Tignes and Courmayeur before.

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
would have said courmayeur but you've already been there!

If you want somewhere near an airport La Clusaz (hotel alpen roc) might fit the bill..not sure if there is much night life though.

For skiing for all abilities I would say Les Arcs is a good one but further from an airport.

Sauze D'oulx is meant to be good for groups/nightlife but haven't been to that part of the milky way (we stayed in montgenevre which is good for all abilities not too far from Turin airport but very quiet at night).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. keep it coming snowHeads. Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boardiac, How about La Tania? Nightlife isn't extensive - jsut a coupld of bars, restaurants - but there is live music, happy hours etc and what there is, is pretty lively (by French standards, not Austrian Very Happy ) Skiing is good for most levels and the local pass covers Courchevel, which would be plenty for a few days. Late January would be good, but make sure you are back before the French HT weeks start - usually early Feb. PM if you need details of a well-priced, well-located chalet hotel which has twins/triples/doubles all en suite. Great food too Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boardiac,
Why not book some flights to geneva then hire a minibus and stop somehwere up the white motorway - loads of resorts up there.
Dead easy to find accomm in Jan
Or - stop in an ibis hotel and visit diff resort each day
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boardiac, LDA would fit the bill. You can fly to Grenoble, Chambery, Lyon or at a pinch Geneva and Turin. Grenoble is best. There is public transport from there or I can help you rent a bus (or Ben's Bus could organise it). We have very good nursery slopes for beginners, plenty of really tough off piste for the experts and everything except long distance travel for the in betweeners. LG should be open by then for the experts.

Of course we have plenty of different sorts of nightlife, and I can advise on accommodation which can be found pretty cheaply. Lots of Snowheads will recommend Les Lutins. Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you want nightlife, Austria is the place. Plenty of nice resorts in easy reach of either Salzburg or Innsbruck airports and you're more likely to get hotel accommodation rather than self catering.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boardiac, look into innsbruck, zurich or geneva as the destination airport go to a resort a short (2 hours max?) train transfer away. i take it you don't need a lot of piste as it's for a long weekend and there are beginners in the group?

a quick check in my world snowboard guide gives me andermatt, engelberg, savognin and wengen from zurich, and saas-fee from geneva. not much help on a specific resort i know, but that gives you a lot of options. hth
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boardiac, Chamonix. Quick (1hr) transfer from Geneva, plenty of accommodation will accept weekend bookings, wide range of terrain (although different abilities will be better suited to different mountains), great scenery of the Mont Blanc massif, plenty of nightlife and.... well it's Chamonix innit!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks - some good thoughts there.

Cham would be great - I loved it when I was last there a couple of years ago, but is probably on the expensive side...

Any thoughts on Mayrhofen/Saalbach/somewhere in Italy (montgenevre?)?

Would Bansko be a ridiculous idea?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boardiac,

Here are a couple of 2*'s we've stayed in which were very reasonable (approx 40 Euro per night per person):

http://www.pointe-isabelle.com/ - Stayed here for a stag do. Great central location. Simple but clean and perfect for a boys trip. check tripadvisor also for reviews
http://www.hotelfaucigny-chamonix.com/index_en.htm - lovely friendly little place. Also central. Stayed here with the missus. You'd have to book early as the rooms get booked up fast.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bordiac If you go to Austria make sure that the twin beds are actually separate beds rather than Austrian twins which are separate matresses and duvets but within a joined bed frame. Having travelled with a group of guys alot we always check with the operator to ensure the beds can be separated. This doesn't seem to be so much of an issue for girls but with guys .... Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tiger2, we'd be a mixed group. maybe i should "forget" to check Twisted Evil
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy