Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

portes de soleil

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right, am going for a 5 day break this weekend to Chatel - if anyone has any news on snow conditions we would be grateful, suspect we will be skiing in slush in the afternoons and will be packing our walking shoes but that's looking on the dark side...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We're going out for 2nd last trip of season this weekend. Mid level snow is pretty fine, with bare patches but good for the time of year. Due to get cold and snow to 1300m on Saturday. (But nice and Sunny Sunday)

I suspect you should expect afternoon slush in April wink

Detailed suggestions - avoid the Swiss side - you have to get a chair down into Morgins for little reward, Super chatel seemed fine as we passed through, don't bother heading to Torgon, Linga good, Avoriaz good (esp Les Fornet bumps).

But all as standard for this time of the year - you might find things a little crunchy in the AM, and there will be bumps and slush everywhere by about 14h00 - just in time for some chilled Ronnie Rose on a sunny terrace

Have a great trip - I'm sure you'll have better snow than anticipated.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, useful tips - hopefully there will be a nice restaurant terrace to chill and catch some rays, could be worse.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sallyanne, we came back from Morgins on Saturday and as you expect we were skiing in slush every afternoon. We did get a bit of snow on Tuesday night which helped a bit. Monday and Tuesday were certainly the worst. We never got to ski Chatel as the link between morgins and there was down due to a lack of snow. The guide said that there wasn't anything worth skiing and so we didn't bother with the bus either.
The swiss side was a lot quieter and ok in the mornings, but very slushy by 11am. The french side, upto avoriaz was a lot better, but did get busy with everyone looking for snow.
Friday was blue skies and sun with a nice lunch in the goat village. This was due to last the weekend. If it did it will have done a lot of damage to the snow cover, each day you could see more and more grass.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sallyanne,

Mac's mention of "the goat village" is a good suggestion. It's a village of restaurants called Les Lindarets and lies below the Lindarets plateau. My favourite restaurant is La Terrasse which, funnily enough has a nice big sunny terrace. It is a little pricier than many mountain restaurants but the food is excellent you do get choices like "duck breast in corsican honey sauce" or "tiger prawns sauted in cognac".

Slightly more reasonable if you're on a budget and like mushrooms is "La Cremaillere" - generally the plat du jour is a good choice.

Back over towards Chatel in Plaine Dranse, I like "La Tane O'Marmottes" and the "Pierre au Loup".
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think I've been to that village, it's where you ski right through the middle of the village with restaurants on both sides, lovely little place. We did last go in very good snow conditions though! Thanks for your suggestions folks, guess there will be very little skiing and a lot of eating and drinking - never mind, someone's got to do it!!!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just one word of warning if you go down to "the goat Village" after lunch you will have to ski down to the bottom of gondala to get back up Might be worth checking the condition of this run before going down dependant on snow conditions.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you're over Nyon way my favourite restaurant is Chez Nannon. Open air barbecue with cote de boeuf, saddle of rabbit, platters of cured meats - all in a valley with not another building in sight. Small but perfectly formed wine list and nice people. Get there early. I'll also second David's Cremaillere recommendation - but why do they have a chanterelle fixation?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds lovely, can you ski there?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
michael stocking, Just about every dish involves mushrooms!

Chez Nannon is indeed also very fine but the Liaison from Morzine is maybe a little tricky due to snow conditions right now.

Also, Francois doesn't really staff adequately for when he's really busy, so on a sunny day (although its probably not that busy at this time of year) you can wait an awfully long time for attention. That said, indoors on a crappy day when no-one else is out and about it's a terrific place to hole up in for the afternoon & the "Patates au Reblochon" (literally, potatoes and cheese) is a thing of culinary joy and wonder.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy