Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The things we do for love...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
During one of the far too frequent alcohol induced bullpoop sessions at the last EOSB . . . I also ask for my jet-lag to be a mitigating factor . . . It was, sort of, decided that the 'big meal' was not a particularly successful event. Not great value and a real PITA with mixed quality products and anal portion control . . .

So . . . I think it was me . . . the idea of organising a BBQ at the next EOSB as an alternative was mooted! Bear with me 'cos trying to recover lost little grey-cells with the pertinent memories is no easy task.

THE CONCEPT: Is that a select and dedicated band of idiots bring a van full of oil-drum barbies and concomitant accessories along with the wherewithal to smuggle and/or purchase suitable provisions and beverages on the way to set up a first Sunday BBQ in the front car park of L’Oxalys.

Additionally: The possibility of a last Friday cook-off and bring a bottle to eliminate the waste and effort that Last night seems to cause everyone.

COST: Well that has to be thrashed out, but with some personal commitment to barbie manufacture and other logistical resources I imagine that 15Eu should provide an exceptionally fine and bloated eating/drinking experience.
A cocktail bar may even be on the cards.

INCLUSIVE: From a personal point of view, the service and staff at L’Oxalys has/have always been beyond excellent and I'd like to show appreciation for that in inviting all of them to the party . . . and what the hell, if a passing stranger has the balls to approach a bunch of slushNuts in full battle cry then they've earned the right to a beer and a burger.

So here's what I'm looking for:

Serious suggestions/offers regarding sourcing transport and equipment.
Knowledge and sourcing of quality provisions . . . I quite fancy a honey/garlic and rosemary glazed kid goat....
Recipes
Personal commitment/volunteering

But please don't get into this thread if all you want to do is moan and bitch...If you think it's a bad idea, give a thought out reasoning.

Ta, John
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Masque, It's a wonderful idea, and I agree with your take on communal restaurant meals, but I'd suggest naming this thread so that it looks like something relating to the EoSB and putting it under 'Events'. That will pre-empt said moaning and bitching.

Menu planning 9 months in advance might, even for someone as anal as me, be a tad premature. wink Equally, I have no idea at this stage whether I'll be able to go to the EoSB but, if I do, please count me in as a volunteer.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque, have you asked Oxalys if they don't mind you setting fire to their car park and smoking out the residents? Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard, SnowHeads are the residents (or the majority of them), however I agree there needs to be some discussion with Oxalys over this one, particularly as their 2* Michelin restaurant may be open, it might not look good if we disturb their diners.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great idea Masque.

Providing I'm there, I volunteer for a shift on the cocktail bar on the proviso that Scarpa promises not to ask for a Slippery Nipple. Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andyph, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque, Sounds like fun! As well as L'Oxalys you may well need the permission of the Mairie...I suspect they have strict rules about allowing such impromptu parties.

Mind you, as I am 99.9% certain I won't be able to make the EoSB again next year Sad you may treat my comments with the contempt they deserve....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy