Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Proper All Mountain Skis.

Poster: A snowHead
I've a mate who's looking to come skiing with me for a week next season. I haven't skied with him before, but he sounds like a decent holiday skier, and he's looking to get into the steeper and deeper.

Last year I put a mate in a similar position onto a pair of Kiwi1/Dot. 's Icelandics - which worked great and cost little, so it now seems I'm first port of call.

I'd guess he's about 5'10" and 13 stone. So I was thinking about 90mm+ underfoot and about 180 length.

Would you call this about right, and do you have any for sale?

Cheers

Marc
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HS FRs??? Flog him yours Wink

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 14-06-10 16:25; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, as new, one careful owner, no damage you can see.

Laughing

There is a nice pair of Mantra's at 177 on t'inernet though. I just mailed him the link.

Fleabay has a pair of Missions - but everyone I know that had them then ditched them after one season, so they can't be much kop wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Preachers? At 112mm underfoot they are the new 90mm. Easy going skis that will turn your 'holiday skier' in to a powder hound. Seriously cheap pair going on here...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have a pair of Volkl Karma (from 07/08 season I think) which haven't been used much and are in excellent condition with just a few cosmetic scratches and no base grinds done to them. 177cm length, 119-87-111mm and a 20m radius. Fitted with Tyrolia 14 FreeFlex Plus bindings. Any interest?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mosha Marc wrote:

So I was thinking about 90mm+ underfoot and about 180 length.

[parlor mode on] So your mate is obviously gay?

Suck it up and get him some proper skis

[/end parlor mode]
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob wrote:
Mosha Marc wrote:

So I was thinking about 90mm+ underfoot and about 180 length.

[parlor mode on] So your mate is obviously gay?

Suck it up and get him some proper skis

[/end parlor mode]

Sorry, I hadn't actually noticed he was a pooftah, should have realized that when it clear it was a friend of Marcs. How about these:

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Laughing

Well bugger me! I'll be blowed if I come here for advice for my ring of friends again.

If you can't be arsed lending a hand then I'll swallow my pride and head over to Epic wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mosha Marc, got a pair of volkl bridge 185's for sale @ £200 if you're interested?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Why have I not seen those skis before now?! NehNeh I've just decided to sell my JJs if they're man enough? wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CSki, you'd need at least a couple of new outfits to match them. And new boots. Could be expensive...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:
CSki, you'd need at least a couple of new outfits to match them. And new boots. Could be expensive...

Boots to match those 'Roxy's' Shocked now that's a real challenge Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OMG, I've just been blinded! Shocked
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
anarchicsaltire, i reckon i should start stocking spray paint
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

This would go quite nicely.
ski holidays
parlor wrote:

If these come in Super 7 flex and a 195, I'm getting some.
snow report
anarchicsaltire wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

Boots to match those 'Roxy's' Shocked now that's a real challenge Toofy Grin

I think my Kryptons would go perfectly actually!!! I WANT THEM!!!!!
latest report
CSki wrote:
I think my Kryptons would go perfectly actually!!!

Only in your colour-blind dreams!
ski holidays
I'm sorry, I'll bring you along next time I go shoe shopping. Maybe you can convince my feet to fatten up to fit some more brands! Blush
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, call me, I have a cunning plan.
snow report
CSki wrote:
I'm sorry, I'll bring you along next time I go shoe shopping.

Arrgghhh, a fate worse than death!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy