Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pas de la casa - airport transfer from Barcelona & ski lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi everyone,

newbie here Very Happy i'm looking to book a ski trip in late dec/early jan to pas de la casa. flying in to Barcelona because the flights are like £70 whereas Toulouse is like £350 for me! Shocked

so i'm trying to DIY my ski trip because the package holiday prices are much too expensive for my budget! suppose i shouldn't have left it so late.

anyways, i'm finding it really hard to find cheap transport from barcelona airport to the resort. i know they don't take you right into pas de la casa; i think they take you as far as Soldeu (?) and then you have to take a taxi from there?

there are two of us travelling and we're arriving on the 26th Dec which is boxing day obviously so i need to be sure that the transport operates on the holidays. any ideas?

secondly, all the extras are really adding up. managed to get my accommodation and flights for £350 p.p. but once i add on the expense of skis, boots and poles hire, ski passes and tuition, it bumps the price per person to £750 (and that's before airport transfers and insurance!)

i know that with the package holiday deals with the big tour operators they sell 'learn to ski' or 'improver packs' which is basically your ski pass, tuition and equipment all in for about £250 but i presume that you can't buy these separately?

to purchase these separately from diff companies that i've sourced on the net, it's working out at about £380 so far. does anyone know where i can buy these all in at a discounted price?

thanks for your help in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

We have used a local Andorran company (http://www.1activeholidays.com/) for the ski packages which work out a lot cheaper than booking all the things separately. About 250€ for a beginners package including lift pass, equipment hire and 5 days tuition.

Don´t know about transfers from Barcelona as we live in Spain so drive up there. What about hiring a car and driving? Takes about 2.5 - 3 hours on good roads
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Why don't you like hire a car? Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are buses....

http://www.hola-andorra.com/arinsal/english/novatelgb.html
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As snowbunny says, there is a bus which is run by Novatel - they run shuttles several times a day from Barcelona, and the only days they don't run are Dec 25th and Jan 1st.

If you drive from Barcelona it would be more like 3.5 hours to Pas, but make sure you get snow tyres or snow chains, or preferably both.

As far as I know you're only supposed to be able to buy an 'improver' or 'learn to' package as part of a holiday from a tour operator.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hello again,

thanks for the speedy responses Smile

NICATHY-thank you for that website address-it's perfect! exactly what I needed. I think I will be able to book my accommodation, transfers and ski passes with them. thanks so much for that.

i don't really fancy hiring a car, too much hassle. plus, i don't like the sound of snow chains and all that jazz-i'm from ireland...no snow chains experience here!!! So it's going to be a coach/bus I think. Just hope the times work out OK.

I have a few other questions that you guys might be able to help me with... they're based on the information I've read from various websites, but predominantly 1activeholiday.com:

I am travelling with my partner who is a complete beginner and I would be looking to purchase an 'improver pack' for myself but I notice on the website that the beginner's lessons take place at 10am in the morning and all other levels at 2pm. This would present a problem in that my partner and I would not see each other all day! Is there a way around this, or do I have to look into private tuition (which looks to be quite costly)?

Lastly, with the beginner's pack that my partner would be using, it specifies that he would only be entitled to a beginner's ski pass that obviously has restricted access to the mountain. Whereas, I would have the full Grandvalira pass. This also presents a problem, in that, towards the end of the week we would like to go skiing together independently and explore Grandvalira. Is there any way around this?

Apologies for the 101 questions but as this is our first ski trip together I want to ensure there are no problems.

Thank you in advance for your advice Blush

P.S. Although this is our first ski trip together, I have been once before but I went as part of a group (all beginners) and everything was organised for me!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
At the beginning of last season the lesson times were split with beginners in the morning and others in the afternoon. This changed part way through the season and finished with all skiers going 10:00-13:00, and snowboarders still split. There won't be a decision on next season until much closer to the the start of winter (scheduled opening November 27th). There is only one school so if they do split the lessons again then the only way around it is to take private lessons.

As for the type of lift pass, yes the beginners package only includes a beginners lift pass. Your tour operator (whichever one you choose) should be able to organise for an upgrade to a whole area pass for the beginner package.

Just ask if you have any other questions!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks snowsteve!

grrr...that's kind of annoying that i have to wait until November to find out about lesson times. I don't want to leave it that late incase I can't get anything booked. guess i'll just have to book it and hope that the lessons run at the same time, otherwise my other half won't want to go skiing again if he doesn't get to see me all week.

btw...anyone else used that website 1activeholiday.com? I've emailed them and tried to ring them on the number provided, but nothing??? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll have no problem booking lessons in November.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Miffy, when we used the andorra travel service in Feb this year they were v. helpful. We dealt with a lady called Carla van Heel. She was pregnant at the time tho so may have left now. I have these numbers for them and used this email address:
Tel: 00376-852220
Mob: 00376-358906
reservations@andorratravelservice.com

Hope you manage to get through to them
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi, if its not too late to add something... we did a transfer from Barca (3yrs ago) with GiroTransfer, very helpful when doing the booking, good price and excellent reliable service -
Darryl Edwards
Girotransfer
Email: girotransfer@yahoo.com
UK tel: 0844 598 3020
Spain tel: +34 687763165

Hope this helps
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy