Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fartbag Etiquette

Poster: A snowHead
Now having just taken delivery of a rather fetching vivid lime green Onsie I was wondering what the correct the correct etiquette is for wearing one.

I have in the past been a quietly spoke,very polite and considerate user of uplift and deferential on the piste taking care not to interfere with others enjoyment.
Clearly I cannot contine to use the hill in such a manner once I don my new pride and joy Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Clearly in the past the owner of the rompersuit would have been required to make frequent references to how practical it was, lament the passing of straight skis and rear entry boots and accessorize with a bum bag.

More recently one would have had to affect an air of "having a laugh" fancy dress irony or simply be French.

I suspect however that you may have purchased a Nu Scandi, cutting edge of hip fartbag. I am unclear on the precise ettiquette as I don't believe Debrett's is up to speed. I suspect you get to be cooler than cool and, if you wish act like a total douche, or alternatively adopt a zen-like calm. Regardless someone, somewhere will still be sniggering wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kevindonkleywood, It is only polite to wear them on monoskis.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kevindonkleywood, the NuScandi (like it fatbob) fartbag can only be worn by skiers who ski lines so sick they can only be seen from a distance by other more human skiers. Examples are dropping down the Mallory/Eugster, scaring the wits out of the punters on the AdM cable. Anyone wearing it remotely near a piste will get the urine extracted, unless they're tucking down the mogul field switch just to get back to the lifts. Razz
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
15 years ago it was retro and possibly amusing. Now you are just a teat. Burn it and save your grandchildren the embarassment
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The Voice of Reason, and I really hope he's not over 25 otherwise you can magnify the teatness by a large factor
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yeah don't were it anywhere near a piste, if the snow ain't deep it don't wear it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin you have me spot on ...fat balding.....working hard to get a really large beer belly to do the garment justice.

I thought I would stick to greens and blues but adopt a 'snowplough of death' weight as far back as possible.

I am touched by your Gok Wan'esque concerns for my sartorial elegance wink I shall endevour to fine a suitable bum bag and surely only a comedy hat is appropriate to complete the ensemble Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fartbag with bumbag is a good start. Fluorescent ski poles, goggles and headband are a must along with white rear entry ski boots (think stormtrooper), a pair of old straight skis (ebay) and mittens. Ski as though you are emptying your bowels (back seat) and swear out loud in a thick English accent (North or south) every time you hit any sort of imperfection in the snow or make a turn. As with the Scouts/cubs the more badges/medals you have on the fartbag the better (e.g. SKGB purple heart). Talk it up in the bar and never forget that the UK is where skiing started and where the real soul of skiing resides. The local foreigners in France/Austria/Bansko etc will be in total awe of you and your command of the English language (as they don't speak it wot like we can), give it to 'em.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
DB, Im really starting to realise the importance of doing this properly Very Happy Very Happy , there is national pride at stake afterall. I shall have to brush up on suitable Apres banter and get some voice coaching to get those special vocal infections that can carry through the noisiest of bars Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You will also need to aquire a Trophy Wife, who wears a belted fartbag, HUGE BEJEWELLED sunglasses and make up that has been thoughtfully applied with a trowel; nails should be replaced with HUGE claws and her sole purpose of going on a ski holiday must be to sit and drink cappuccino at the bottom of the slope (oh, and shop)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Shimmy Alcott, so you are offering to help then? wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stoatsbrother, you need to sign up to fb so you can see the real me - and not the imagined me you keep thinking about wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kevindonkleywood,

I think we need a pic so we can help you accessorise Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
You will also need to aquire a Trophy Wife, who wears a belted fartbag, HUGE BEJEWELLED sunglasses and make up that has been thoughtfully applied with a trowel; nails should be replaced with HUGE claws and her sole purpose of going on a ski holiday must be to sit and drink cappuccino at the bottom of the slope (oh, and shop)

You forgot the 'toy' dog and the bling Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, how would I know it was really you?

Reminds me of one of my favourite Stephen Wright jokes...

"My friend bob has a trophy wife....

... apparently he didn't win first prize"
snow report
stoatsbrother, Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

"My friend bob has a trophy wife....

... apparently he didn't win first prize"

Laughing Laughing
snow report
Surely a good quality fartbag from a quality fashion house would have pockets for the tiny yappy dog.

I do hope that a diamante encrusted elasticated belt of at least 8" width will surfice for my (I would hope Very Happy Very Happy surgically enhanced to the point of imbalance) Trophy wife.

I am lacking the knowledge of what the appropriate form of transport is here?
ski holidays
Don't forget to keep your lift pass on display at all times. Either the cheap retractable kind that flaps in your face while tucking on a green run, or

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61HK-dsacdL._SL500_AA300_.gif?tag=amz07b-21

While we're on tucking - under no circumstances must you bend your knees. Straight legs, bend at the waist, poles at 45degrees - you do more damage that way.
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

Kind of like a smart Cheshire lady then Laughing Puzzled Toofy Grin
snow report
ricfrench, shame I'm not smart, or a lady wink
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, Sorry, my mistake Embarassed
ski holidays
ricfrench, no - I am a Woman Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
kevindonkleywood wrote:

You need a Chelsea tractor (bling SUV / 4x4), GB stickers (for GREAT BRITAIN), wide alloys wheels and performance summer tyres. Go faster driving gloves, a hat and a caravan complete the package.
snow report
DB wrote:
kevindonkleywood wrote:

You need a Chelsea tractor (bling SUV / 4x4), GB stickers (for GREAT BRITAIN), wide alloys wheels and performance summer tyres. Go faster driving gloves, a hat and a caravan complete the package.

In Green, because you dont deserve white or black
latest report
Shimmy Alcott,
Quote:

You will also need to aquire a Trophy Wife, who wears a belted fartbag, HUGE BEJEWELLED sunglasses and make up that has been thoughtfully applied with a trowel; nails should be replaced with HUGE claws and her sole purpose of going on a ski holiday must be to sit and drink wine at the bottom of the slope (oh, and shop

There corrected it for you....you just described me , don´t forget my fartbag is Burberry wink
snow report
Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You need to have a women along wearing a matching one for the his 'n' hers look. Also be sure to ask people where the moguls are put in the winter.
latest report
narc,
Quote:

be sure to ask people where the moguls are put in the winter

are they those strange looking animals that roam about the mountains??
snow report
DAB wrote:
narc,
Quote:

No those are chamonix.
snow report
fatbob, Laughing Laughing
snow report
Quote:

moguls

was he not in the jungle book Puzzled
latest report
kevindonkleywood, nope , that was the Aga Khan
latest report
Isn't that a type of cooker?
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, what? a Khan rolling eyes
snow conditions
DAB, that's what you get beans in.
snow report
chrisdavis, beens or has beens, that is the question
snow conditions
A Khan of has beens. Interesting Puzzled
snow conditions
Quote:

super-snowHead
narc, Quote:

No those are chamonix.

On the other hand, they may be dahu:

http://pistehors.com/news/forums/viewthread/620/

Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy