Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Doing a season in South America

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking, next year, of spending a season in South America, skiing (naturally).

At the moment I am trying to cost it, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with this! I figure a year of saving should give me enough to get by for the 3 months or so I intend to spend out there - I skied in Argentina last year and the end of the season wasn't great, so I probably wouldn't stay till the bitter end.

I also haven't decided quite yet whether I'd rather be a ski bum, or actually work out there. I am basi 2, and am aware my qualification works in South America, so that's always an option...

At the moment I am either looking at Cerro Catedral - where I have skied before, or Sierra Nevada in Chile as the locations, but if anyone has any other suggestions for me to look into they would be much appreciated!

So other than that, my questions are as follows:

- How much do you reckon a seasonal let would be (and if anyone knows how I'd go about finding one that would also be appreciated) for the 3 months/whole season?

- What would be reasonable with regards to living, eating and drinking money? £10/day, £15/day...less or more.

- How much is a season lift pass (average).

- Anything else as my mind has gone blank!

Thanks a lot for all any any help. Ben.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PS. Hearing a lot about Las Lenas, anyone been?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy