Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going to see Santa in Lapland?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yes, I know he's not real but the kids still believe (or do a good job of pretending).

To be honest it's not something we'd really thought about until we were looking for somewhere to go skiing at Christmas. Clever-clogs here sees Finland in the ski brochures and mentions to the wife that we could go there and include a trip to Santa for the kids. I've since written off the skiing holiday bit as, at that time of the year, very few of the pistes are open/lit. There doesn't appear to be a huge amount of skiing there anyway but if it's 50% closed I don't think I want to spend a week there.

Now fortunately we hadn't told the kids we were going to see Santa but Mrs Higs was nearly as excited as the kids themselves so I'm charged with seeing if I can find a short trip. Looking about in the 'net and it seems that many people's experience is 'cheap' or 'tacky' rather than 'special'.

So....
~ anyone been?
~ who did you go with? recommend or avoid?
~ did you manage to get any skiing in?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
went to levi in early march, santa is available the whole season.......... The santa trip was miles better than i thought it would be and my daughter was totally into it

skiing was a bit limited, they groom everything as flat as a pancake! lots of t bars (1 gondola the rest t bars) So take you carving skis. Rather short runs, the world cup black is a real black, but very short.

Loads of other things to do, very good place to learn cross country.

Can be unbelievably cold. Ski day started at 10am and went on to 9pm ish!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We did not do the Santa bit but we have done Finland in Jan/feb with the kids who where 10-11 at the time it was not a pure ski trip though as we went through activities abroard,

It is a fantastically beautiful country in the winter and there is plenty to do, from Dog sledding and riding a skidoo flat out over frozen lakes to thousands of miles of beautifully pisted x/c runs. Night horseback riding through the winter forests was magical.

As mentioned it can get cold but usually the coldedst day are those without wind. We had a couple of days at -40 deg static air temp. A friend who was boarding the same time in Yllas had wind chill down to -80 on the mountan one of the days they where their but to be fair they had closed the top lifts at that point.

If you want a holiday that has skiiing but loads of other family friendy stuff then we loved Finland If you want pure hardcore skiing the slopes may be a bit well looked after for your liking. Very Happy

And we were lucky and saw the lights Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy