Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Forcefield body protection

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone using the Forcefield gear?

Im thinking of investing in the Extreme Harness Adventure and Action shorts (and no they are not and Anne summers product Boris Toofy Grin ) but they are a bit pricey if there not up to the job.

Specifically can you maintain your flexability and agility whilst wearing them? (like I have either flexability or agility...but I can dream)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
they are real good and flexible only downside is that on the early version i have the lycra or whatever the material is isnt very breathable and you get sweaty... i think they may have changed to a mesh but not sure.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kevindonkleywood, yeah, don't underestimate the amount of heat you usually lose down your spine. When layering, I've always thought of a back protector as a layer in its own right, such is the added warmth. As for loss of flexibility, you shouldn't have a problem. Back protectors and padded shorts are designed for active use, and are very accommodating.

In my experience there is not much to differentiate between the various brands of protection equipment (not including helmets of course). Whether you go for Dainese at the top end, Forcefield slightly further down the scale, or some unknown that you can pick up at TK Maxx or Lidl (not kidding, both stock this stuff. And in UK stores at that), you don't really get a visible amount of extra bang for your buck.

Sure, at the very low end you might find that the back protectors don't have a many panels, which means they aren't as flexible. The more interweaving panels they have, the more hinges there are to accommodate the curvature of your spine.

The bottom line: if you're buying protection for the piste, then shop around. Cheaper brands manufacture products that will protect you equally as well at a fraction of the cost. The materials may be of a lower grade, but unless you're buying for use at a high level e.g. freeriding/big mountain, this shouldn't be a concern.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, welove2ski, Thanks for that guys, sounds like its going to be worth spending a bit more cash.

The bit about the heat loss through your back is a very valid point as I have a plastic rossi back protector that is like wearing a sauna Very Happy

I spend a lot of time on plastic terrain and have been planning some big mountain stuff for next season so Forcefield or Dainese look like the way forward.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh well! ive accidentally clicked a few places with my mouse and am now a good deal poorer, I will let you know how I get on once it arrives Smile I went with the Forcefield stuff.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
use the forcefield my self and is by far the best on the market, wins every review both in the ski and motor bike world and in my opinion it puts the danise stuff to shame cos it has less bulk and more comfortable!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kevindonkleywood, You've made the right decision - my kids wear forcefield back protectors (the new 2010 design) and other parents who have seen them will be upgrading their own children's back protectors from Dainese to Forcefield when they grow out of them.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 2-06-10 12:09; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kevindonkleywood, ah, you didn't say you spend time on the truly gnarly terrain that is plastic. I have a forcefield top, but it is an earlier model so any comments I have about the design are not particularly relevant. What is relevant though is that I never ever go onto the plastic without every bit of armour on that I own (top, shorts - although those are Dianese - shinnies, helmet, slalom gloves - although I don't bother with a back protector), and the elbow and shoulder protection has saved me so many times. Still not really got a good solution to avoid broken fingers though - although some of our club members swear by boxing gloves!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kevindonkleywood, so what did you buy, and from where? The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of getting back protectors for myself and my eldest son for our trip in July.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I bought the following from Leisure Lakes Bikes as they had an offer on.

Forcefield Extreme Harness Adventure Level 2 Sizes - Letter: L 1 £206.99
Forcefield Limb Tubes Misc: Leg, Sizes - Letter: One Size 1 £44.99
Forcefield Action Shorts with Sport Armour Sizes - Letter: L 1 £76.49

Have not recieved them yet with it being bank hol weekend but i should be able to report back later this week.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GrahamN,
Quote:

Still not really got a good solution to avoid broken fingers though

Funny you should highlight fingers I have been trying to find a good product for about a year, to sell along side our Forcefield and Demon ranges, to avoid skiers thumb, dendix thumb etc!!

If anyone has any suggestion let me know

we also off 10% off all Forcefield gear to Snowheads via our site.!! wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just an update on this gear, having used it for a good number of hours now and taken some decent knocks with it rolling eyes

Overall I am very pleased with the protection the Forcefield gear offers and it is very comfy even when worn for a long session (3+ hrs) the general quality is very high and the velcro fastenings all have a overlock so that they will not pull away even if forced fairly hard. The back and chest protection is a lot better than I thought it would be given the weight and (realative) thinness of the armour. The loss of body flexibility when wearing everything is minimal and other than for the additional warmth you can quite easily forget you are wearing it.

Now some minor niggles: The knee protection has all the lables (and there are a few) sewn into the inside at the back so they rub behing you knee if your not wearing something under them, and the protection shorts make going for a pee a bit of a logistics excercise. One of the armour pockets has started to loose its edging allready but i think that is a loca problem due to a few missed stritches rather than a problem with the whole garment.

Overall very happy and much less bruised and battered than I was.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy