Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl or Samnaun?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have seen some cheap flights to Innsbruck next January and was contemplating where to go. I seem to have settled on the Silvretta Arena but I'm not sure whether to go to Ischgl or Samnaun. Can anyone tell me what the main differences are between the 2 towns and whether this ski area would be a good choice?

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ischgl - party capital of the Alps. Not as good apres as Anton, but 'proper' nightlife is definitely the best of any resort anywhere.

Samnaun is quiet.

It's a fun ski area, lots of cruisy pistes, a few more challenging ones, good offpiste potential. In general the skiing is a little like a more laid back/easier St Anton. Home run is gnarly at the end of the day. The smugglers run is quite nice, ace restaurant at the end too. It is very good, probably sits above Saalbach and below Anton for me, to give some comparison.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Samnaun is a Swiss Tax Free resort very quiet & connected with Ischgl. Dont expect to stay in Samnuan & Apres/Party in Ischgl your never get back. Cost around €200 in a Cab .
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ischgl, no question. You'll love it, just book it, you know it makes sense.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SCollier1, depends what you're after. Ischgl is a party town, Samnuan is much quieter (and maybe not as easy to get to from Innsbruck????). I looked into Samnaun a couple of years back for a family holiday but plonked for Stuben instead (mainly as I was not going on the annual boys trip to St Anton and needed my apres fix). I took the family to Kappl this year and loved it - booked already for next year.

The skiing around Ischgl is good and easier/less crowded than St Anton. I'll be honest though and say that I never really warmed to the village of Ischgl on the day we skied there and sampled some of the apres - although I'm probably in the minority with that view.

Where did you get your cheap flights to Innsbruck from as I'm yet to book our flights?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Flights were booked with Easyjet from Liverpool. The downside is that they are Sunday to Sunday but Hotels in Ischgl have been okay to accept bookings
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ischgl.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy