Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slacklining........

Poster: A snowHead
Tell me what you know....

Can I set one up in a traditional UK garden with perhaps only one tree?
Where should I get said slackline from?
Does the novelty wear off after 10 mins?
Give me all the snowheads sh*te.....

Cheers,

greg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, Youtube will give you ideas about how to rig it but with one tree it is possible assuming you can fix another point.

www.needlesports.com is where I got mine from and they were extra helpful. Went for the 18m 25mm line in the end. Harder to get a hang of in the beginning but better in the long run.

Here is a picture of our first set up:

Pretty ambitious but good fun trying. Nearly broke my wrist trying a backflip to dismount but made it through alive.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, Awesome fun & good training (for any manner of sports..). Really steep learning curve, loads of info online... a bit of googleage (or any other good search engine...!) should throw up all the info you need...
I have been using a long length of climbing tape + a few karabiners to rig a tensioning system, but tbh its worth spending a bit of cash on a decent rig. Gibbon (?) do some good sets.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, hope this is helpful http://www.gibbon-slacklines.com/

we use slacklines a bit in training, they are great for improving core balance, if you master it quickly you can add things to it like juggling, walking backwards or as I suggested to arv, try it with your ski boots on, saw some kids at a race camp do this, very impressive!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, lots of summer fun for not very much money. Only one tree? You're going to need a second anchor point...

Get some long ski poles or extend your touring / hiking poles to give you some extra balance!

I posted a couple of pics on here on my set up last summer. I started with just some climbing webbing and karaniners but my trees were quite far apart and I couldn't get good tension so I added a ratchet that was designed for strapping items down for transportation - like on a roof rack. Putting the kit together yourself and you'll probably spend half the price of a kit... or just buy the kit and follow the easy instructions.

DAB, ski boots. Hhmmmmm. Maybe this summer then.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cheers all, sounds like worthy of further investigation......
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have to ask, why "slack"? when the main problem seems to be getting enough tension Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tiffin, sounds cooler than "Low Wire" wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tiffin, quite true...most 'slacklining' is actually on very tensioned lines; it's actually quite interesting trying to walk a proper 'slack' line (ie hanging in a loose curve), you need fairly close anchors for this though... Bit less potential for tricks but great for working balance skills.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone know where to find a cheap set-up (I have no climbing know-how so making one myself could prove tricky)? Everything google's turning up seem to be pretty pricey...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
clarky999 Have just bought one from http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Slackline-15m-x-50-mm-x-5ton-slack-line-jibline-/190324724757?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Toys_Games_Outdoor_Play_Equipment_LE&hash=item2c503cd415. At £39 was the most economical one I could find and so far works fine - had a fun weekend falling off it!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DaveA|, let us know what it's like when you have it all set up please Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The kids tried out this at the Go Outdoors show, I think the sets there were gibbon ones. They had fun for a short time, but I can see the attraction not lasting long.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, like anything with kids? I understand what you mean though, as a youngster I would have got bored of a slackline pretty quickly. As I've grown up, mastering balance is important enough for to keep trying something that a) is a challenge and b) improves my quest for awesome balance / motor skills.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DaveA|, cheers dude, I'll look into it.

Megamum,in a nice sunny meadow this summer, with a bbq and lots of cold cider, I think a slackline would go down very well
snow conditions
DaveA| wrote:
clarky999 Have just bought one from http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Slackline-15m-x-50-mm-x-5ton-slack-line-jibline-/190324724757?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Toys_Games_Outdoor_Play_Equipment_LE&hash=item2c503cd415. At £39 was the most economical one I could find and so far works fine - had a fun weekend falling off it!

Dave, did the kit arrive, how is it????
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy