Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there anything more pathetic....

Poster: A snowHead
Gainz, you did start it, actually. And to pretend you don't understand why people have reacted is either disingenuous or stupid. No need to be such a hater.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stoatsbrother, start what?

I asked a question and have taken in the answers. welove2ski made some valid points which have made me re-evaluate freestyle skiing. That was the purpose. As for the rest of the comments, well it IS just like a school playground. The unpopular kid gets bullied because he (or she) has different views. Then there's people like you who stand and watch it all and throw in a last minute kick in the guts!

I now know what really is pathetic...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gainz, mate - if you can be arsed to look further up your own thread you will see I stated my views pretty early on.

If you start by characterising an entire sporting area as "pathetic" - and something that must be left to boarders - don't be surprised that people point out you are a twit.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
Come to my boxing club and tell that to one of the girls...

I wouldn't argue with them! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bet she could take some good bodyshots Neh Neh
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Eddd, which club do you go to?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agreed, it's, completely lame, like, totally bogus dude, I don't know why they bother to be honest...

http://www.welove2ski.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=b01&featureid=850&section=&pageid=3413
http://www.welove2ski.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=b01&featureid=850&section=&pageid=3421

http://youtube.com/v/cq9LoeapvH0
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gainz wrote:
Eddd, which club do you go to?

I usually use the Rag as a pied-a-terre, but sometimes I like to relax at the Hurlingham or Leander at the weekends. I box where I live, in Durham.

Not quite sure what relevance that has to freestyle skiing ... not that I'd know much about that new-skool (sic) type of thing anyway, being a telemarker myself. All I can say is each to their own and ars per artis.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dr John, nice choice of links wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads

http://youtube.com/v/Pa9cjqBuT08

http://youtube.com/v/U9XAq0umyNY

http://youtube.com/v/zNM4zz6boiU

A couple of my favourite Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Eddd, you can get your ride on telly too brother Cool

check it

http://www.newschoolers.com/web/content/viewvideo/id/320298/

http://youtube.com/v/_RQdbpZ-Nz4

(second vid particularly impressive, oops sorry I mean sssssiiiiiiicccck... Cool )
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gainz, what utter tosh. You tool
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
For what it is worth - I am a mad-keen boarder. I love back-country, on-piste, jibbing: all of it..... doing it that is....
I have a load of snowboarding movies and I love watching them again from jibbing to AK lines I love it all.

However, no matter how much I've tried to enjoy it, I just don't think that competition translates very well to film. A prime example is the Olympic Half Pipe: I watched it, Shaun White threw down what was hailed as the greatest half pipe run ever..... I found it boring. Same with slopestyle competitions and boarder-cross. Yawn! It just doesn't excite me to watch it and I think it has a lot to do with the way it is filmed. The same is true of Freestlye Skiing competitions, i just find it boring to watch - I have no doubt that these guys have immense skill and I'm sure if I was able to do it myself or even just see it in real life it would be amazing, but for me it just doesn't translate well onto film. That being said, some of the Teton Gravity Research stuff, which is largely skiing, is amazing.

So... I guess what I am saying is that it may be the way its presented that is turning you off rather than the sport itself.

Oh, and what is more pathetic than freestyle skiing: Snow blading? Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ronaldothefrog wrote:

However, no matter how much I've tried to enjoy it, I just don't think that competition translates very well to film. A prime example is the Olympic Half Pipe: I watched it, Shaun White threw down what was hailed as the greatest half pipe run ever..... I found it boring. Same with slopestyle competitions and boarder-cross. Yawn! It just doesn't excite me to watch it and I think it has a lot to do with the way it is filmed. The same is true of Freestlye Skiing competitions, i just find it boring to watch - I have no doubt that these guys have immense skill and I'm sure if I was able to do it myself or even just see it in real life it would be amazing, but for me it just doesn't translate well onto film.
Oh, and what is more pathetic than freestyle skiing: Snow blading? Twisted Evil

I know exactly what you mean, frankly I find freestyle boring to watch in whatever form - skiing/boarding/kayaking... I always skip the freestyle segments in Claim etc.

Loving the snowblades comment too Twisted Evil
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Oh, and what is more pathetic than freestyle skiing: Snow blading?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
ronaldothefrog wrote:
Oh, and what is more pathetic than freestyle skiing: Snow blading?

Finally, something we can all agree on! Laughing
latest report
Monoskiing?

Actually, in the mid 80's I did a lot of monoskiing......a wonderful piece of kit in the powder!!!!!!

Bring on the incriminations!!!!!!
ski holidays
kevin mcclean, I do hope you were wearing a onsie for that Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy