Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pants?

Poster: A snowHead
I arrived for a meeting in Brixton 15 minutes early this morning so wandered into a sports shop near the Tube station. I figured that as I am away to Courchevel yes Courchevel on Sunday (3 sleeps) I would purchase some sports pants to ensure full athletic support whilst skiing next week.

I looked about and couldn't see anything until the shop assistant (about 18yo girl) called out "Can I help?" The following conversation followed.

PL " Do you have sports pants here?"

Femme "Sports pants?"

PL "Yes sports pants"

Femme "We did have shin pads. But we've sold out".

PL walks away shaking head giggling. Femme continues to stare ahead.

Do any snowheads have experience of wearing shin pads as pants? Should I purchase some and fashion them into my ski trousers?

Should I be flattered?

Or is it just expected in Brixton that your male support extends passed one's knee?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What are sports pants? I have skiing knickers ( nice enough incase i have an injury and the trousers need cut off and I have to flash my kecks at everyone)

But proper sports pants you say? what will they think of next! Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sports shops used to sell cricket pad whitener, billiard chalk, linseed oil, darts flights etc.

Now they just sell nylon and trainers.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter Leuzzi, Laughing she must think you're a big boy!

I got mine online from wiggle
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
if it isn't a silly question, why do you need "full athletic support" for ski outings, when you will presumably be wearing Harvest Festival trousers (all being safely gathered in). Or are you a biathlon skier, in two-toned lycra jobs? If so, strongly recommend a thong. A VPL looks awful under those.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pam, breathable scuds have two advantages. They wick the sweat away, so no more damp boxers to chill the Trossacks and 'cos they don't hold sweat, they don't smell and so are good for multiple days use.

There's no point in having decent kit, only to wear cotton base layers. They also come in for walking, climbing etc.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
T-Dub wrote:
Sports shops used to sell cricket pad whitener, billiard chalk, linseed oil, darts flights etc.

Now they just sell nylon and trainers.

They are the official clothing purveyors to chavs........
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They don't sell frilly knickers now either (for use with white tennis/badminton skirts before you ask...) rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Go commando. Shocked
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kramer, I trust that comment is for Peter Leuzzi Shocked Shocked Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frankly I just wanted a pair of pants that held things together rather let them sway and drag.

Agreed that sports shops aren't what they used to be. They used to be run by people that played sport as well......

pam w, how can I convert a shin pad into a thong? Wear it sideways, perhaps?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
maggi, the picture of the tennis girl wearing no knickers scratching her bum was a big influence on me in my formative years. Fancy a game sometime? wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Apparantly you cant beat a nice fleecy thong.

'Next' used to do wicking sports pants that offer good 'support'.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
'Next' used to do wicking sports pants that offer good 'support'.

And M&S too, apparently.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Please don't string this out too much!
latest report
A teacher friend of mine a few years ago went on his first ski trip with his new school. He went to a dry slope with the rest of the first time kids. The other members of staff warned him of the pressure of ski boots on his shins and suggested that he wear shin pads wink He wore the shin pads for two weekly sessions before he was let in on the joke Laughing
ski holidays
Ken Lingwood, given that logic I am going to jam Y-fronts down my boots all next week. Perhaps the band sticking out the top and flowing in the breeze. The 1850 crowd will be so jealous.

Bernard Condon, wasn't sure if you were serious and then I thought "G...maybe not"
snow report
I've been using Next breathable ones, I think they still sell them.
snow conditions
Peter Leuzzi, best get a boxer them.
ski holidays
I am very surprised how long this thread has gone.

Just one addiotional comment was surprising. Had no idea it would be the thin edge of the wedge(y).
snow conditions
Not all posts are shorts.
latest report
Any chance of getting to the crotch of the matter?
latest report
I fear the jock is wearing thin now....
snow report
I'll be brief...
snow conditions
When it's icy you really need good skiddies.
snow conditions
Welll that's an image that'll lingerie 'n the memory. Sad Shocked
ski holidays
But Y?
snow report
I gusset's because of its horrific connotations.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 4-04-05 9:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You lot have got some cheek! Suspend this now as it's a real sloggi to have to fit it in.
ski holidays
Most running or winter sports shops should stock them.
latest report
Well. I think we have thrashed that one to death.

I'm off to the airport now. May even have a beer or two to get me well (s)oiled for the trip.
ski holidays
Button it up for now then, as you are going to FLY away - Have a great trip!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy