Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes, Getting there - How and How much

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Fellow snowheads.

Given that our collective knowledge is better than google i pose the following to the wise:

I have a holiday booked in Tignes this year over christmas and newyear and am seeking advice re travel and cost.

Looking for advice really on how much has been paid to get there by either train or plane?

No where has the prices up yet, so looking to see what was paid last year to use as a guage of who, how etc.

Much obliged!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Easyjet has released prices for next Winter. I'd get in quick though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
has it....hmm compter said no earlier

tying again Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've paid £200 each (including tax) for Newcastle-LHR-Geneva flights on Boxing Day. That's with BA so we hope the industrial action will be sorted by then....

Not too bad for a peak week (during which we have - sadly - become accustomed to paying through the nose). We took the plunge as we needed the certainty and didn't dare wait for Easyjet releasing its NCL flights, on the basis that they could well be more expensive than the above.

To date Easyjet have only released flights from certain airports for the winter - so your preferred departure airport may not be available yet.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swiss from LHR to Geneva £133, ATS transfer 3.5 hours 101 euros. Second time drove and it cost £55 more.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We went on the Eurostar ski train from London St Pancras to Bourg St Maurice. It cost £219pp return, which is more than flights, but we made huge savings by not having to pay a transfer fee (we were picked up from BSM station by the chalet staff for no extra charge). Journey time worked out about +1hr over flying, but was relatively stress free.

Tickets are not released until much nearer the time though (it was more than the 90 days in advance than standard Eurostar tickets, but I can't remember how much).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy