Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bode ... accident prone?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Click to enlarge Eurosport has reported on Bode Miller's latest mishaps, although for once, the hell for leather world's best skier across the disciplines has not crashed out of a World Cup slalom. On this occasion his problems are entirely off piste, with his crystal globe as overall champion failing to survive the flight back home...
Quote:
The 12kg hand-crafted trophy travelled with the rest of Miller's luggage on the flight to New Hampshire's Manchester Airport, Italian news agency ANSA reported on Tuesday. But on landing, the 27-year-old found it had been smashed to smithereens.
Quote:
This is not the first mishap Miller has suffered with the spoils of his winnings. He lost one of his two gold medals from the 2003 world championships after using it to hold up a loose toilet seat in his home in Austria.

Miller also mislaid his giant slalom gold from this year's championships hours after winning it when he left it in his jacket in a bar. The medal was eventually returned to him.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 31-03-05 16:02; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
!
Quote:

He lost one of his two gold medals from the 2003 world championships after using it to hold up a loose toilet seat in his home in Austria.

Laughing

i wont even ask!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Seems the great man is contemplating NOT competing at Turin.
Quote:
If Bode Miller enters the 2006 Winter Olympics, he could win as many as five gold medals. Certainly, he would be a favorite to win two or three.
And to Miller, that is the problem.
Such a performance would bring him national celebrity, unheard of for a ski racer, and that prospect so troubles Miller that he has not yet agreed to participate in next year's Olympics
Quote:
At the same time, Miller recently signed an endorsement contract with Nike, which is hardly where an athlete goes to be under-promoted.
Quite a complicated guy.
Full story from the International Herald Tribune ending with the news that he's going to get a new trophy to replace the smashed one !!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 12-04-05 9:37; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
"I want to be able to go skiing recreationally and not be recognized. Right now, I can walk around in New York and nobody recognizes me. One guy did recognize me but he was an Austrian dude. I like it like that. I don't want to lose the ability to live the life I do."

He'd better not move to Europe. There's not a teenage girl member of a French ski racing club that doesn't idolise him. No French ski racer comes close.
Still, whatever he thinks, he's definitely good for the sport, a breath of fresh air...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG, funny how Bode is accepted by the French whereas Lance Armstrong is virtually a hate figure.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tony Lane wrote:
PG, funny how Bode is accepted by the French whereas Lance Armstrong is virtually a hate figure.

Funny how little it matters what the french "accept".
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A rave from the grave! I'm not sure that Tony Lane's supposition is right at all - most French surely have huge respect for Lance Armstrong. An extraordinary sportsman.

Let's try to separate the Tour de France from the Tour d'Iraq, if that's what you're getting at. One is done on bicycles, the other in tanks.

Is anti-French sentiment still running high in the US? If so, why?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Excuse me David this is a Bode Miller topic. We've got plenty other places in snowHeads to discuss world politics. Some might say we are overindulging recently... Even if I knew the answer to your question, which I don't, I wouldn't post it here.

I think Tony's diversion and comparison is interesting. Tony's a biker and likely to know what he is talking about. I have seen several reports that indicate a large number of the French cycling fans don't like Lance because he has taken over 'their' Tour so comprehensively yet enters almost no other races. Le Tour was the only one he has won this year. Admittedly in fine style. Also his attempts to speak French (which he apparently does quite well) have been mocked in the French media. Eddie Merxx, however, entered and won everything and is likely to be seen as a better biker for that reason. Lance's achievements are unique and will probably never be equalled but they have not endeared him to everyone. Remember, the great Texan didn't even compete for his country in the Olympics. His efforts for fighting cancer will probably get him as much of a place in history as his days in the saddle.

Bode, however, seems to attract world-wide acclaim. Perhaps because he is seen as being somewhat anti-skiing-establishment as well as being a superb racer with such a wild approach to the courses.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If it's a Bode Miller topic, then how come 12 of your 18 lines are about Lance Armstrong?
Hee hee!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Goldsmith, because this is snowHeads and diversions are a valuable part of the banter. But there are diversions and major roadworks. I thought you were heading for a tunnel closure. Laughing Laughing
Pedant Alert. I make it 9 out of 14 which is about par for my course.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kuwait_ian, possibly different screen settings giving different numbers of lines?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ian, percentage-wise you're on a winner with that analysis: 64.2% of the lines, against 66.6% on my (cheap) computer.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alastair, true - hadn't thought of that. Thanks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy