Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow and Board Camp Tignes - instructors

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Myself and some mates (girls) possibly going out to Tignes in October or November. We realise it will likely be limited to glacier skiing.

We need some advice on suitability of the terrain, and availability of instruction (on-piste) for the following levels of skier:

1) 1 x 2 week skier
2) 1 x 1 week skier
3) 1 x very nervous 4 day skier

Are the early season trips (including the Snow and Board Camp) heavily skewed towards more experienced/gnarly skiers/riders, and / or will (esp (3) above) find the terrain (blue runs on glacier) just too scary?

Any help advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Steve
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boardiac, the terrain is not difficult in itself, but for a very nervous 4 day skier, the combination of lots of very zippy racers (they're not about to hit you, but they do tear around a bit) and the possibility of some quite icy conditions is not a fantastic one. T bars are not the easiest lifts, either, for very nervous beginners. But there's plenty of good instruction available, that's for sure. If the "nervous beginner" was just one to one with a good instructor, she should be fine. But pottering around without an instructor might not be a great idea. It's quite tiring up there on that glacier - so a couple of hours lesson in the morning would probably be enough. It's spectacular when you can see!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Steve

There are a number of Brit instructors around then, as Pam said a 2 hour lesson would probably be enough and as you can imagine rates are negotiable at that time of year! I can pm you some details if you want.
tony
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boardiac, I sall be there in October too with my daughter. Mountainsun organised a good deal with the Development Centre last year, might be worth contacting them to see what they can do. Last year I only paid 75 euros for 2 x 3 hours group lessons, in December and far more advanced though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'll second the vote for The Development Centre, esp. Colin Tanner - we had some brilliant lessons with him over easter.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We have an in-house instructor throughout the ski and board camp - we've teamed up with The Development Centre again same as last year ... details on the ski and board camp website.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers all.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy