Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Delayed Boot Fitting...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

After 2 years of pain and torture (and 2 dead toe nails) wearing hire boots, I invesed in my own. Went to Decathlon and spent about £150. Pretty decent Nordica boots, and apparently could be "heat molded", but I did not have it done.

My question is, can "heat molding" be done after using the boots for 2 trips already, altogether about 14 days skiing..?

Any help would me appreciated!

Mac
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
heat moulding the liner after that much skiing will have no effect, the first few days if not hours you skied in the boot did all the moulding that the machine would have done

there are other things which can be done to improve the fit of the boots...footbeds, stretches to the shell/liner padding where required etc etc, get to a fitter and have them look at the boot and assess what is going on....but please don't be surprised if the boots are too big, boots too big are a far bigger problem than boots too small which are rarely seen and those toe nails sound like they have been sliding around in there banging into the front of the shell
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey Mac22,

Completly agree with CEM, Have a trip to a good local fitter to you.. get re-sized. But don't fret as there are almost endless things that can be done to help a boot fit better.. providing that it isnt too big. But cross that bridge if you come to it.

Are you having any major problems with the Nordica's or just enquiring about heat molding?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy