Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow and Rock or Ellis Brigham for ski servicing

Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from Meribel and though Freeride there normally service my skis, I missed their deadline on the last night - dancing in the Rond Point for too long. So Skis need servicing here in the UK. I live in Manchester so it will be one of the local stores that I use, but I don't know whether there is any difference between one and the other. If there isn't I'll take it into the nearest but if any one can suggest a preference then I'd appreciate your thoughts. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've had skis serviced at Ellis Brigham in Castlefields, and they did a good job. I can't comment on S&R as I stopped working in Manchester before they opened.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I just had mine done at snow and rock in manc - took 15 mins whilst I waited at £6.00. 1st time they'd been done so nothing to compare the job with I'm afraid. Did my own sharpening but can't afford a waxing iron yet Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am having the same problem, I am always very picky when it comes to ski service and who can touch my skis. Usually I have a service done in resort on the recommendation of some local guide/instructor. this time I need a referral to a London based tuning guru. Apologies for hijacking your tread, Rich75 and good luck in Manchester.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks guys, looks like it could be Slush and Rubble coz they're closer to me...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We've always used S&R and they seemed fine to us but I don't think we're expert enough to know the difference between a good service and a bad one. All I do know is that Covent Garden store gave us a full service for free after not having the skis ready to be picked up on time - despite having our phone number they managed not to ring to inform us so the first we knew was turning up first thing on Sat to be told come back tomorrow Evil or Very Mad . So 0 out of 10 for inital customer service, 10 out of 10 for the Manager's response after I complained Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've found EB's at Castleford to be excellent. They allow you to specify the base/side angles you require (if you wish to of course) as opposed to just putting every pair through the machine on the same setting etc. They also did an excellent repair on one of Deb's skis after she hit a rock, blowing the edge out & putting a deep score in the base. I couldn't tell which was the damaged ski after they'd done. The ski has had three weeks use since then & I still can't see any difference between the two.

In fact, I'm taking my 5*'s in to EB's this weekend for a service.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon wrote:
I've found EB's at Castleford to be excellent.

That would be Julian, he moved to that store when Center Sport in Leeds closed down. I've used him for years.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marc gledhill, That's him, I'd forgotten his name.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow and Rock's superstore in Chertsey did an excellent job for me. After an unfortunate experience abroad I've pretty much stuck with them.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Welcome to snowHeads snowHead mcolebourne! We'll be there tomorrow with our skis, before our SCGB discount voucher expires Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We've used S&R at Chertsey and have mixed experience....great service when leaving skis, not so good when used "While u wait" service. Last time we used them they managed to give me someone else's skis back with just a couple of days to go before our holiday Shocked Only resolved by frantic phone calls and one of the staff driving down to my office to change skis, check bindings using portable toolbox, and hand over Gift Voucher in compensation!

Now using a much better service provided by Mr HH Laughing Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A timely topic!
Went to collect my skis from ellis brigham at Tamworth yesterday - AND THEY'VE LOST THEM!!!!!!
Aparently their machines had broken down and they sent all the stuff to milton keynes. Now they've either been sent to the wrong store - or much worse - they think that the may have sent them to headquarters as they mistook them for a demo ski!!!
They have offered to replace them if they can't find them.
However if they do find them - now 6 weeks down the line - and try to give them back - how do I know that all and sundry haven't been skiing on them as demo skis?
The B**!*%! etc
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
But if they don't find them you get some brand new skis! Incidently, why did you go all the way to Tamworth? Have you tried Decathlon in Nottm? Were they no good?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There was a huge difference in price last time I checked - so I went to EB
snow report
maggi
have not long moved from sheffield to nottingham so have no local knowledge yet - didn't know that there was a local alternative. Are they any good - do you mean the one near IKEA? Also if go to tamworth can have a quick ski (on the ice) while i'm there.
Can't complain too much - EB have today said that they will give me the new season's model - plus a couple of free wax and edges (if I dare!) when it comes in september - so that means brand new skis two seasons in a row - yippee!!!
snow report
maggi, where is Decathalon in Nottingham please?
ski holidays
k, Yep, the one near Ikea. Sorry, I haven't used them - that's why I was asking you!

Great news about the new skis though snowHead
ski holidays
Kramer, Up the A610 from Nottm. At the roundabout don't go onto the MI (J26) go straight on towards Eastwood. After a mile of so take slip road off it then turn right at roundabout (signed to Ikea). Then it's next left into the car park for Ikea, Decathlon and other shops. (hope this is clear, I'm rubbish at directions!)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy