Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short Break Iscghl March 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any tips for a hotel/apt or chalet that will acomadate a group of 10 for a Sun - Thurs short break next March in Ischgl
I managed to find a couple of options for St Anton earlier this year but Ischgl is proving a harder nut to crack especially this far out.
Any snowHead gems out there?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, but I can't remember the name atm. 4 star, right by the lifts, stayed there with my family a few years ago, I'll try and get the name from my 'rents later.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hedley, I'm guessing Ischgl same as St Anton, ie reluctant to do anything other than 7 days Sat to Sat? We stayed in Kappl this year and have booked again for next year. Had no problems booking well in advance or looking at alternative dates, albeit that we ended up Sat to Sat. Probably not ideal if you want to be in the mix but would be good if wanting a good value base, and were not concerned about the apres
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For that long in advance most of the hotels might have Sat-Sat rule.
Closer it gets to the date they will allow short therm bookings if they've got any spaces left.
Of course this is no good for you so keep looking. This info was somewhere on the Ischgl accommodation website.
I think I had positive replies for short stays from those two:

http://www.ischgl.com/en-hotel-collina_hotel_garni_ischgl-795.shtml

http://www.ischgl.com/en-hotel-lischana_hotel_garni_ischgl-671.shtml

(but that was about 2 years ago)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A group of us stayed in the 4* Garni Hotel Nevada.It was great value and top class food.Also it is right beside 2 of the 3 Gondolas.We were talking to the owner one night and he told us that Ischgl runs at over 80% capacity for the whole season so that is why they mostly only take week long bookings.Its a great resort with mighty apres ski.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've spent a good few hours trying to find any type of accomadation that will book 4 nights but no joy.
I may be better trying to find a reasonable price on a weeks stay in apts and only using 4nights.
I have done this before in Verbier and when split between the whole group it can sometimes work out not too expensive.
Flights to Innsbruck are reasonable at the moment but most hoteliers/owners have no prices in place for next season yet?
Frustrating as we need to get something organised ASAP.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have just come back from my 4th trip to Ishcgl ( end of season party with Alicia Keys ) and there are a lot of apartments that will accomodate you, but you will have to book early. They usually start taking bookings from july, there are lots of apartments that sleep 6, last year we booked 2 apartments in the same hotel. The more central the better, look on the the Ischgl website and you can book from there, or we always book direct. Ischgl is an awesome place for skiing and apres ski, its not cheap but we havent been anywhere else for the last 4 years, and we go 3 times a year. Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hedley, you could try the Fliana - not sure if it's the one clarky is on about, but it's 4* and just by the lifts - but I really think you will struggle for a group of 10 in peak season, nay, I say it's a darn impossibility. Booking an aprtment for the full week and using it only for the days you are there may well be the cheapest or only option available. Do report back if you find somewhere Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
69spr, I dont understand the maths - could you help out:

Quote:

I have just come back from my 4th trip to Ishcgl

and
Quote:

we havent been anywhere else for the last 4 years, and we go 3 times a year

Surely that means it should be your 12th trip (at least), or did you mean to say in the first quote "my 4th trip to Ishcgl THIS YEAR".

sounds really awesome if you go that often.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sorry, meant to say 4th year to Ischgl, so yes you are correct , we go 3 times a year, 1st week in March then first weekend in May ( end of season party ) then the second week in December.
IT IS REALLY THAT GOOD however, the guys mentioned that we should try SOLDEN anyone been?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I had this problem a few years ago when I wanted to visit Ischgl for 4 days - we ended up staying in Samnaun (on the Swiss side of the Silvretta ski area) in the Hotel Post, which was excellent. If all you want is the skiing and a good hotel, that's fine, although clearly Samnaun lacks the apres ski options that you'll get in Ischgl itself. Its one advantage (depending on your point of view) is all its duty free shops, so there is no shortage of retail therapy opportunities, assuming your credit card can stand it on top of the costs of a skiing holiday.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy