Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter Park Feb 2011

Poster: A snowHead
A small group (4 of us poss 5) are going to Winter Park Colorado possible dates are 1st to 14th feb 2011. We are staying at the Vintage with free room upgrades to loft / loft 2 bedrooms. We stayed there last year so know the manager hence the free upgrades. We are looking to see if anyone wants to join us. Costs about £856 return flights, all transfers and hotel, plus your lift pass. Normally buy 10days get 2 or 3 extra free for about £248. The skiing is great, there are free mountain guides. If you book lessons then do it in resort and only book a single group lesson as the instructors then give you a 10% discount card for any other lessons.
There are good greens and blues all over the mountains then going up to Mary Jane there are dark blues (reds) and blacks. The parsen bowl at 12,000ft offers great sweaping runs either open piste or through the trees. There are double diamond blacks and then there's the extreme stuff (which i,ve not done!!!). Shocked
More about us we are:- one couple and two females aged 35yrs to 43yrs all skiers although Paul sometimes boards, can ski hard all day. We are good blue, red and early black run skiers. We like the deep snow and off piste, like the groomed runs also. We like good skiing, good company, good wine and food. Not late night party animals.
The Vintage has a fab outdoor heated pool and a massive outdoor jacuzzi, great with a larger and talking to the locals. Smile you walk less than 50m then get onto the gondola which takes 2mins and your by the shops / lifts. We are are chiilled out group looking for singles or couples to join us.
Know this is an early request but prices are cheap at the mo, looking to book by end of May. snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

your lift pass. Normally buy 10days get 2 or 3 extra free for about £248.

That's the same as the price of a full Winter Park season pass...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Our tour operator did not have 2010/2011 lift pass prices so this figure is based on max. cost for a pass. Soon as we know more it will be posted. Little Angel
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great burgers at the Vintage Smile Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep gud burgers there, great soup loads for veggies down at the soup bowl. A short free shuttle ride into town always offers loads from the pubs to some good food. Did some home cooking, got food from Safeway, you get a loyality card and get alot of dollars of the final price. wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Love skiing in Colrado & was thinking about getting the Rocky Mountain Super+ season pass but can not persuade buddies to do more than one 2 week trip. So was resigned to a 2 week trip to Steamboat with a discounted lift ticket. Your trip sounds tempting.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Lechbob, feel free to pm me and I will give you more info. Little Angel I've been looking at lift passes and I can get for £248 a seson pass which is cheaper than 14days. this could then be given to Kathy the mangeress at the Vintage to pass onto any skiers that can't affor a pass. Or if anyone wanted to give / sell their ticket.....
It's a great place to ski and easy transfers from Denver airport. cool. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll pm you. Be careful...I think season passes are person specific and they take severe action in the event of abuse.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lechbob wrote:
Be careful...I think season passes are person specific and they take severe action in the event of abuse.

The pass has photo on it.

Still, people try to use other people's pass. Don't always succeed though.

Probably ok to "give it away" for free. But no one in their right mind will "buy" a season's pass that's got someone else's photo on it!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
An update Very Happy
We are now booked for the 26th Jan 2011 to the 09th Feb for this lovely resort.
We have decided to use Crystal Ski.
The brilliant manageress atThe Vintage has been kind enough to upgrade our room to either the one or the two bedroom loft suite, she's cool snowHead
If anyone wants the details then please let me know.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh, forgot to say,
This is with flights, all transfers, hotel and lift passes from London Heathrow to Dever.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
happy skier,

Great choice! We've been there twice and love the place.

Bumps, bumps and more bumps. Oh, and Vasquez Cirque is not bad either!

We hope to go there for an extended period at some time in the future. Their season ticket prices are ridiculously cheap - about £245! Or about £265 if you add Copper Mountain to the pass Shocked

Then again, I have also been looking at the cost of combined season passes for Breckenridge, Keystone, A-Basin, Vail and Beaver Creek. Unbelievable value at £400! Or only £275 if you stick to Breckenridge, Keystone and A-Basin only!

At those prices it would be worth going to any of them for a month - never mind a season...

We'll have to dream on until we pack work in though Sad and, in the meantime, make do with our current week long trips.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We would love to go for longer, but work, work, work.........
MIght try to fit in a mid week or weekend bit of skiing in Europe if we can. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have the Rocky Mountain Super Pass covering Winter Park/Copper for the season Pass it is great value at $409, my buddy got the Senior season for $219 ! We will be at Winter park for 2 weeks from Feb 6 if anyone needs someone to ski or lunch with. Also hoping to arrange couple of away days at Copper, so anyone else interested could share costs. The problem with having a season pass is I feel obliged to do another trip to get the value - trouble is persuading buddies to join, may even have to take my non-skiing wife but fear she would be bored in WP or Copper.
I think they issue some vouchers with the season pass so friends can get discounted day tickets - these can legally be handed out.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bergmeister wrote:
happy skier,

I have also been looking at the cost of combined season passes for Breckenridge, Keystone, A-Basin, Vail and Beaver Creek. Unbelievable value at £400! Or only £275 if you stick to Breckenridge, Keystone and A-Basin only!

At those prices it would be worth going to any of them for a month - never mind a season... snowHead

When day tickets are $90+ a day the season pass is the way to go. We used the Vail Resorts pass year before last, stayed in Frisco & rotated between Breckenridge, Keystone, A-Basin, Vail and Beaver Creek, it was a great trip. Heavenly is also on the pass but would be a two centre or 2 trips job.

I wanted to get the Rocky Mountain Super plus season pass as it allows 6 days skiing in Steamboat but you have to buy it in Colorado so no Steamboat for me this season. T.O.'s offer reasonably priced trips to Steamboat or Jackson Hole but the lift pass prices are ridiculous. Many Americans seem to be prepared to travel big distances and ski a couple of days, so I suppose $97 for a days lift pass is OK for them but $970 for 10 days !! forget it even if the snow is deep & dry.
ski holidays
I've been tempted to try the US this year, and WP has come up as an option. My main concern is the off-trail status.

Is it similar to the Ca situation of anywhere (not specifically excluded) inside the perimeter tape, or are there more limitations?
ski holidays
Hi BC,
I haven't been outside the perimeter tape but from what others said when I was there it is done. I checked out a few you tube clips and there seem to be be esorted tours and singles going out that way. Hope you get some good skiing. Madeye-Smiley
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy