Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Complaining to a TO

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Long story short, major TO handled our snowboarding lessons, ESF claimed the numbers were too low to run a group at beginner level, so boarder was left in the brown stuff.

I wrote the TO when we got back, having dealt with a variety of in-resort reps who did all they could to mitigate but failed to acknowledge tha the TO hadn't met their end of the contract.

TO has come back with £75 of vouchers. Those are of no use, so I'm going to send them back.

Nowhere in the T&C does it say that lessons may not go ahead if the numbers are too low for a group of that size, and at all times, when asked, we explained that the boarder was a beginner who could fall the leaf, and carve turns to some degree.

My view is that they've accepted that they breached the terms of their contract, so I want the cash equivalent instead, otherwise I'll seek redress through the Small Claims process.

Any views on that?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wee wee poor of the ESF - they seem quite happy to run unsafe class numbers at busy times. TO could easily have mitigated by getting a private lesson or alternate ski school if available. Have a go at TO for full cost of hol for affected individual or at least lesson cost, lift pass and equip hire as for a beginner the latter 2 are useless without the former.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We've been with ESF a lot and they have always run the class - so much so I once had almost a weeks worth of private lessons for group price. In March my daughter and her friend also had the instructor to themselves for the week, bar one day.

Good luck with trying to get any money out of a TO.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hyweljenkins wrote:
I want the cash equivalent instead, otherwise I'll seek redress through the Small Claims process.

Any views on that?

For £75? Just not worth the hassle. Just explain to them that you want the cash, you'll NEVER go away and see if they cough up.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hyweljenkins, you paid cash, cash is what you want back. Vouchers cost them less and let them keep some profit.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Decline the offer. Following a dispute over the accommodation, our TO offered £50 in vouchers. We refused, and requested £200; they came back with an offer of £100 cheques . . . which we have yet to receive.

Who did the failure affect? Just the one snowboarder? All of your party? Did the boarder need to pay for other lessons? You should expect at least a refund for the lessons and, perhaps, compensation for inconvenience.

And escalate your complaint if they don't respond adequately.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hyweljenkins, having successfully won, with Mrs a, a claim under the small claims process (awarded £4k + costs) I'm afraid that Bode Swiller is right - there is a lot of hassle involved (not to mention cash up front to the court, if the other side does not agree to mediation) and the potential outcome (nothing is certain until the judge decides) has to be really significant to make the process worthwhile.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 8-05-10 15:25; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hyweljenkins, Standard TO response, write back and say you paid in cash and want compensation in cash. Plus another 50% for the distress they caused and are continuing to cause.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hyweljenkins, how did the boarder get on?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hells Bells, yep, I've used it and it expedited matters beautifully... but not designed for a for 75 quid claim.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy