Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR Gran Paradiso

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Managed to sneak in a quick tour over in Italy with my good lady wife before the weather broke in the Alps & we headed South in search of sunshine rock-climbing (& coffee, ice cream, pizza etc)...

Classic Ski Tours #1: Gran Paradiso from Simon Christy
http://vimeo.com/11459133

Weather currently very variable, so hopefully this will be setting things up nicely up high for some late Spring action...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice video, really good quality and you even managed to make the skin look interesting. Does the face at 58 seconds get skied often? Also I thought the true summit was past the one with the Madonna? Might be wrong on that though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Swirly, Yes I'm pretty sure you're right - there is another summit just beyond with a "mini-Madonna" on - Can't be more than a metre or so in it ... Would hate to be up there on a busy day though - we were 20 in Chabod (max 120) and the numbers from V.Emmanuel were probably similar and still had to do a bit of waiting around on the ridge...!!

The face at 58s is the NW face - AFAIK gets skied from time to time but has all the usual problems of a high-ish altitude glacial face & needs good wet spring snowfalls to get it all in snow - on the way up on day 1 it actually looked like there was a way through on snow, but in the morning sun it was quite obviously all in ice.. the other interesting line on there is just before on the peak to the left (Petit Paradis) - the obvious couloir line has been skied a few times (Roch Malnuit & co, Remy Lecluse & client, amongst others) and looks quite good... gets 5.2 I believe..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great stuff. Looks like you got a good ski down considering how moguled some of the route you were skinning up!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very nice views - and very nice filming. Though I long ago decided that that was too much skinning for that amount of down - at this time of year when I can't go again at all it starts to look very enviable.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey, that's not fair! Where's all the crusty snow and shoite weather?

Must have been hard work lugging a tripod round. Worth it though - excellent movie.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
altis, Don't worry, there's been plenty of that this spring too...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy