Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oberlech Jan 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

We are looking at Oberlech for the family ski trip 22 Jan 2011. I have narowed it down to iether the Montana Hotel or the Petersboden Hotel. I have read great reviews on the Montana but can find none on the Petersboden. Has anyone ever stayed there or dcan offer anyother recommendation.

Now the kids are old enough we want definate ski in ski out accommodation. Daughter no 2 has also just gone over to the dark side and is now a snowboarder so any feedback on the snowboard lessons in Oberlech also? She can manage without lessons but I would rather she perfected technique rather than pick up bad habits wink

thanks in advance

Must go now to the How long till your next trip thread.........
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
carolwags, Stayed there in March 2009, had a great time, resort and hotel both excellent.

Full report here

Ski up to and from the hotel door. Prices in Oberlech not cheap, but worth it IMHO. Little Angel
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Axsman wrote:
carolwags, Stayed there in March 2009, had a great time, resort and hotel both excellent.

Full report here

Ski up to and from the hotel door. Prices in Oberlech not cheap, but worth it IMHO. Little Angel

Wow Axman, after reading your reviews and looking at the pics I cant wait to get there. We were a bit worried about the apres ski going on at Petersboden at the end of the day - perhaps a bit noisy? The hotel rooms look lovely though on their website and they have priced it really well for me.

You mentiioned a good COLD buffet at breakfast - any hot items my OH loves his eggs and bacon Smile

Thanks again for your prompt response. This will be our first time in Oberlech. We managed 3 separate weeks this year and did Scheffau, Saalbach and our usual Kitzbuhel. After looking at your pics etc I may just cancel our week at Kitzbuhel this year and spend it in Oberlech instead Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
carolwags, Have stayed in the Montana on two occassions - once as couples and once as families. On both occassions we had a fantastic time. The food truly was/is amazing and the fact that you're welcomed by Patrick Ortleib at the Sunday evening welcome drinks reception, does add a little something special to it. They do make bacon/eggs for you in the morning if you want - in fact if you asked for pancakes I'm sure they would make them too - they are so accomodating. Even the head waiter remembered us from the previous year, as did some of the staff.
I did a review a couple of years ago - when I could last afford to stay there http://www.wheretoskiandsnowboard.com/resorts/reviews/I_have_reviewed_this_resort_before_but_that_was_without_the_kids._This_visi/

The Petersboden does have an umbrella bar but is certainly not noisy but a good place to have some apres drinks.

You and your kids will fall in love with the place.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
carolwags, From memory I don't believe there was an 'eggs and bacon' option for breakfast, although I think scrambled eggs were available.

The hotel was anything but noisy, as boabski, says there is an outdoor umbrella bar but inside was very quiet.

If I was going back to Oberlech (and next year I might do just that) I would stay in the Petersboden again without hesitation. Having said that though, all the Oberlech hotels we looked at (and drank in!) looked very comfortable, it is that sort of resort.

I'm sure you'll love it wherever you go. Little Angel
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Axsman wrote:
carolwags, From memory I don't believe there was an 'eggs and bacon' option for breakfast, although I think scrambled eggs were available.

The hotel was anything but noisy, as boabski, says there is an outdoor umbrella bar but inside was very quiet.

If I was going back to Oberlech (and next year I might do just that) I would stay in the Petersboden again without hesitation. Having said that though, all the Oberlech hotels we looked at (and drank in!) looked very comfortable, it is that sort of resort.

I'm sure you'll love it wherever you go. Little Angel

Axsman, boabski - thanks for your input. Your reviews and recommendations were both great! I will go ahead and book the Petersboden as I have been waiting on the Montana to get back to me on the last email I sent and I do not want to miss out on a booking! The Sonnenburg was also another choice but they are fully booked by last years guests!! That should have told me a bit more about the resort in itself!

By the sounds of your reports on the ski school and from others I have read, I do think I will just get the kids a private instructor for a few hours on a couple of the days. They prefer to ski with us anyway Puzzled don't know why.

thanks again

Carol
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
carolwags, A lot of hotels, the Montana included will not take new reservations until summer, unless you're a returning guest. The Montana will now be shut, hence the reason they will not have responded, and whilst you could run the risk and wait, I would do what you're doing and book the Petersboden. All the hotels are good so I'm sure you'll not be disappointed
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy