Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The darkside of the force.

Poster: A snowHead
I feel somehow dirty! I have just booked a learn to board in a day course.

My excuse being it is to acompany my dau and her friends...but all the same it does not feel right.

What happens if i like it?

Do I have to buy some pants that show my bum when i bend down?

Do i have to start dressing well and learn the lyrics to musicals?

Can i hake my poles?

Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kevindonkleywood, stop being silly and get on with it. NehNeh
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I suggest that you rent a board with hard boot bindings so you can wear your ski boots, and it's perfectly acceptable to wear your usual fluro fartbag. That way you'll clearly not be mistaken for a 'regular' snowboarder and your daughter and her friends will respect you all the more, using words like 'Phat' and 'Dope' or similar to describe you. wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Richard_Sideways, I think you mean 'fat dope' there, no? Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Im certianly hoping to have a AWSOME slide as one of the bros, im wantin to hit some tight jibs, some phat booters and some sick trix in the pipe....AWSOME errr I think. Toofy Grin

I can do fat and sick maybe that will do? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard,

HARSH.............but fair Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, BAD-DUM Tish! I'll set 'em up, you knock 'em down, now for a quick chorus of "Bring me sunshine"

kevindonkleywood, Welcome to the Darkside, you may come for a laugh, but you'll stay for the comfortable footwear. Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kevindonkleywood, sounds like you need to join in with the Freestyle Chat thread in the snowboarding forum.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From experience, I suggest you find plenty of padding for your backside.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
as you've correctly identified, the most difficult part of snowboarding is telling your partner you're gay. Other than that, you'll probably hate it for the first 3 days, then gradually improve over the next few days until you're at the standard you were 25 years ago on skis.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kevindonkleywood, Just do it, you know you want to, it's waiting to take over your life, you will sit around with your shoulders and ass and wrists all throbbing in pain, that happens just so you have to prove to yourself you can do it, before you know it it's got you and won't let go.
At least thats what happened to me this year, did a whole week in Arinsal, Andorra and now I'm hooked. Thought that at 41 I would be too old, no way, and now I'm not just a slave to a single snowsport but two, so I can choose.
I'm off to Hemel tomorrow for an hour or two's sliding, I love it. Twisted Evil
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Thought that at 41 I would be too old

Ah my thought process exactly, having said that i was recently told i was far too old for twintips let alone 'those' twintips.

Quote:

and now I'm not just a slave to a single snowsport but two, so I can choose.

Smile my only worry for me is that is twice the 'gear junkie lust' and a whole new set of injuries that i have yet to enjoy Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just make sure your insurance is up to date. Boarders have twice the accident rate as skiers. And yet there are always plenty of them around to insult. Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
41? Pah I'm 47 and live for boarding despite having spent 11 years on skis.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sarge McSarge, you have to analyse those figures a little further to take account of the age/gender profile of the snowboarding population.
ski holidays
Lizzard, I see your point, but I think it's a red herring. Boarders fall over much more than skiers, regardless of age or gender (only one edge, and balance compromised due to sideways stance), and more falling over equates to more injuries.
ski holidays
Dr John, I don't find that standing sideways on to things compromises my balance in any way.
latest report
Dr John, Im perfectly capable of injuring myself on skis so i had better phone and book myself into A&E before I go Toofy Grin
snow report
Dr John, the stats are a well trodden subject on here, and boarders have more injuries per boarder (generally wrist and shoulder injuries etc), but skiers in comparison have less but more serious injuries like broken legs etc,
snow report
kevindonkleywood, I'm a good example of rayscoops stats having snapped my leg skiing and my wrist boarding. Don't let me put you off though. wink
snow report
As detailed on another thread I've had a doozy of a season for random injuries, but my "attack first, think later" style lends itself to random injuries so don't include me in the sample.
latest report
Lizzard, I'm sure you're well advance up the learning curve, but I've skied with enough boarders to know that catching a edge is almost always terminal, with skis you hat least have a fighting chance of recovering.
ski holidays
"catching a edge is almost always terminal" If only. Smile
snow conditions
Sarge McSarge wrote:
Just make sure your insurance is up to date. Boarders have twice the accident rate as skiers. And yet there are always plenty of them around to insult. Puzzled

Thats only 'cos you bloody inconsiderate skiers keep ploughing into us when we are taking a couple of minutes break, sat in the middle of the piste Mad
ski holidays
kevindonkleywood, won't hurt a bit wink
ski holidays
Thu 29 Apr, 10
12:22
Just do it, you know you want to, it's waiting to take over your life, you will sit around.you will sit around.you will sit around..........sit around.......sit..........
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy