Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season over ...... planning 2011- Help for LES ARC+ VAL CENIS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well no more trips for me this year.

Went to Flaine (didn't like the faine area too much, but loved the rest of grand massif) in Jan.

Went to Chamrousse in feb with the family (enjoyed it all, but the lif queues were the worst i have sufferred - half term)

Went to Tignes / Val D'sere (loved the area, particulary Val, dunno why ppl slag it off !).

So, advice please on 2011. My daughter starts high school and her term times are differrent to the norm, she has first two weeks of March off... so it wont bankrupt me for the family trip !! We are thinking of doing a package trip for the first time so the kids wil hopefully meet more british kids. firstly, do many brit families go to VAL CENIS with the brit TO's? I guess they would or would i have to go to more expensive brit traps like Val? The kids ski well, but 100-120km's is more than enough and stops them getting lost ! My kids are aged 12 and 16 by the time we go. Any advise for that resort?

Also, planning a group trip to LES ARCS late Jan 2011. I have been before, stayed in 1800, SC Accom. There would be 10 of us and i'd like a reasonably priced chalet or hotel so no cooking required. Would like to stay in 1950 if poss or maybe over the piesy vallandry side. Dont need flights, so just the chalet. Any recomendations.. oh, ski in/out or very close to that.

thanks and I hope that you all had a good season !
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Libertine, if you want to meet british kids of a similiar age you need to go in british holiday time, looks like the 1st 2 weeks of April are school hols in Leeds, I think Reading is the 2nd/3rd week of April.

If you go the first 2 weeks of March, the vast majority of Brits with kids will be those who aren't at school age.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Libertine, Arc 1950 is very good but not cheap. It is truly ski in/out which is great. You need to go to the resort web page or ask on here for help as some owners might do something direct. The resort runs a catered option which I have been told is good value. There are quite a few places to eat out but like all 4 star resorts, quite expensive.

As kitenski, says, to meet english speakers, better to go in school holidays. Might find a few around in March depending on when half term is.

If you do come to Les Arcs, send me a pm as i spend most of the season there. Hope this info helped.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Val Cenis - lovely skiing - very few Brits or other English-speaking folks there though. We went last week in Jan and only heard one other English-speaking family there - so if you are wanting more than your own company I wouldn't recommend it. Our friends went at Easter and found the same thing! If you can get a big group together or are happy to talk amongst yourselves or in French then it is excellent value, easy to drive to and very pretty.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy