Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any late ski deals..?!

Poster: A snowHead
Hello hello

Was meant to be going away for a short break to Barcelona with my girlfriend which has been cancelled due to ash.. and was just wondering if anyone had seen any particularly good late deals for a few days skiing? I've never tried to ski this late before, I don't really know what the snow will be like.. useless? I see mountainsun do a deal for 3 days in Tignes, does anyone have any idea what that'll be like? My plan is to drive down (from Kent) anytime from.. tonight/tomorrow really! The usual igluksi etc. don't appear to sell anything other than for next season now.

Any help appreciated, thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jackus, I'm off sking to Val Thorens at the weekend for a week, along with as many SnowHeads as can make it via whatever transport they can find.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I read about that - what are the conditions usually like? It seems like the snowheads deal is pretty full up!

Thanks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jackus, the snow is not brilliant but it's reasonable, and there's usually plenty of it. It might be a bit boilerplayte first thing, and slushy after lunch, but it beats being in the office
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jackus, the snow in Val Thorens is good - I skied it yesterday snowHead

Typical for Spring, in the town (2300m) it's fairly solid in the morning and fairly-very soft later in the afternoon but up around the peaks (5 > 3000m) the snow is still in excellent condition. Pistes are uncrowded and off piste is plentiful and (when u know where to look) sometimes even untracked.

Technically, yes the EoSB is full but travel circumstances being what they are, I'm pretty sure someone wont make it and even in the unlikely event that we get a full house, I have a contingency plan to cope with a couple of 'extras' Wink

As we're so close, I'll PM you my phone number in case you want to work things out quickly.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nbt, snow is brilliant act-cherly! Neh Neh
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks nbt and admin, that sounds good! VT website lists some late deals too.. hhmm..
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jackus, The skiing is currently v good in Tignes with all the espace killy open (or so i am told)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin, don't rub it in - everyone here at work is saying "oh I bet you;r glad you didn;t go away now"

what, glad that I didn't get any skiing this season, and am thus not stuck in a ski resort getting in even more skiing?

at which point they look sheepish and sidle off before I explode
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah.. I bet your glad you didn't go away now!! hahah..
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just back from Tignes on a Mountainsun trip - AWESOME snow - all the way over to Val. We drove and did it in 8.5hours inc a few stops so go for it!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Definitely stick to the high altitude resorts now, but there is bound to be plenty of good snow next week, and probably some glorious sunshine.

We were in Morzine last week, and by the end of the week you could tell why they were closing the low altitude resorts soon, very very slushy at the bottom, but still great conditions on the higher slopes in PDS.

If I had any more holiday I'd be looking for a last minute deal, there must be loads of last minute spaces in chalets and hotels due to flights being cancelled/delayed. Probably better to drive over than fly though, with the reports of more ash on its way.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Monium wrote:
If I had any more holiday I'd be looking for a last minute deal, there must be loads of last minute spaces in chalets and hotels due to flights being cancelled/delayed.

Most UK tour ops stopped running trips 2 weeks ago, most of the rest last week. Not sure you;ll find any who are flying out his weekend except to pick up the last batch of returning punters
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes! Any day arrivals at Chalet hotel Les Melezes Tignes at brilliant value!! www.mountainsunltd.com/special_offers/view/spring-short-breaks-in-tignes---79-p-p
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jackus wrote:
I see mountainsun do a deal for 3 days in Tignes, does anyone have any idea what that'll be like?

They're ace, been away with them twice this season!
snow conditions
Been to les Melezes in Tignes 3 times before on a short break and off again for 3 days on Monday. Need I say more?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy