Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Places to stay Selva / Arraba

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Planning on going to Selva or Arraba for my Honeymoon in February 2011 - can anyone recommend a hotel as never been there before.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Claire - welcome to SH. The Dolomites are spectacularly beautiful. We stayed at the Granvilara hotel in Selva just before Christmas. The food was wonderful and the owners and staff were brilliant hosts. It is situated outside the village but it is possible to ski in/out (almost) by a 100 yd walk then joining the Saslong run. It is a black run but not difficult. The owners also run a minibus to and from the village, which is about a 15min walk. There are some lovely villages nearby that you might consider - Corvara and Colfosco. They will situate you right on the main Sella Ronda, as well as Selva.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What I meant to say is that Corvara and Colfosco look more romantic!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have got to say that Colletts who have large chalets in Arabba rnd Covara have been great for us over the past few years - lovely staff, good food and nice accommodation, ski dolomiti is fantastic and the selle ronda is a 'must-do' on most skiers resume. Might be that if honeymoon you might want something a little 'special' - although the dolomites are what make this area special. BTW welcome to snowheads.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have got to say that Colletts who have large chalets in Arabba rnd Covara have been great for us over the past few years - lovely staff, good food and nice accommodation, ski dolomiti is fantastic and the selle ronda is a 'must-do' on most skiers resume. Might be that if honeymoon you might want something a little 'special' - although the dolomites are what make this area special. BTW welcome to snowheads.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Flora in Selva. Smallish, Family run, beautifully appointed, great food. As to speak to Petra. We've stayed there for the last two Xmas Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How about Hotel Mesdi in Arabba? Great access to super skiing, and some really nice wellness facilities. V nice rooms for honeymooners. Food is top-notch, although weighing in at 5 courses could prove a challenge!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd suggeste Hotel Tyrol in Selva. Couldn't recommend it highly enough. As one of our group said, "The ski holiday to compare all future ski holidays to". Check the Tyrol out on Trip Advisor. It's great. Wellness facilities superb and food wonderful.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all your responses - I have been advsied to look at Tyrol by someone else as well, could you let me know who you arranged your trip through as I cannot find many operators offering the hotel?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We went through Inghams from Dublin. The flight was to Innsbruck which was a transfer of about 90 minutes or so. It's not a cheap hotel, but we thought it was really outstanding. We had a recommendation from friends who have been there skiing for the last 5 years on the trot and are now going back in the summer for walking.

The location is great too, just around the corner from the button lifts which connect to everything else. We are definitely going back next year.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the information - unfortunatly there does not appear to be any availablity on the date we wanted to go. Has anyone stayed at the Linder?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Stayed in a family owned hotel just under 5 minutes from the Dantercepies lift" IRIS" was the hotels name and one daughter spoke some english. Loved the location up above town.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have you checked out the Posta Zirm in Corvara, http://www.postazirm.com . It looks like the kind of place for a honeymoon and has solid reviews. We had zeroed in on that one a few years back but still haven't skied the Dolomites. So many mountains, so little time!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
claire84, My experience from the area is that they dont open the books so far in advance, if you want that particular place contact them in September!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy