Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

any Val Cenis experts around ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
further to my earlier thread about taking a party of 40 by luxury coach to a small French resort
I have settled upon Val Cenis as a likely candidate just wondering if anybody who'se already been there could help with a little info
I have a decent price from the Hotel Relais des 2 cols and just wondering what its like ? is it close to the slopes and convenient ?
or is there another good slopeside hotel/residence there that I should be looking at ?
also is there a night club in the village and if so which part Lanslebourg or Lanselevillard ?
any views on club hotel alpazur ? another option going with snowcoach .
Thanks in anticipation
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think Lanselevillard is the nicer location, and certainly as a centre for skiing but I don't know about night clubs. I don't know the hotel.
You can also ski other resorts in the valley while there, and there is lots of off piste.
There have been several threads in the past if you look on Forum-search (See top left. If you want to search the text as well as thread title don't forget to click for that).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

The Hotel Relais des 2 cols is ok according to my girlfriend (from the Maurienne). French run and probably about 400m from the nearest lift so not too far to walk. The Alpazur is run by Snowcoach so an entirely different ambiance with mainly young British employees.

Val Cenis is just about buildings on either side of the main street. There's a variety of bars and sports shops for renting skis.

Lanslevillard is a couple of km further up the valley. I've passed through on my way to to Bessans and Bonneval both in summer and winter but never skied there. As a ski area probably best for families / beginners / intermediate skiers. However very beautiful valley and not a big "industrial" resort.

regards

Mark
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't know hotel but you could try Les Balcons de Val Cenis if you want apartments (including some large capacity ones). Have a read on http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/val-cenis/apartments/les-balcons-en-haut.htm. It's certainly a good value resort, night life is not big but there are quite a few lively bars. Not sure if La Cle des Champs disco in lanslebourg is still open.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lanslevillard is not just one long road (Lanslebourg is). Val Cenis (like Serre Chevallier) does not exist except as a term for the ski area (and a mountain and a pass).
You might consider Hotel Nanook in Lanslevillard. Not smart but good value and good food.

Lanslevillard + snowy chairs
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh sorry, party of 40, not sure if Nanook is big enough (might be but probably not)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pedro_2004,
Stayed at Alpazur with snowcoach & enjoyed it although did get a good deal at the time. Not sure its worth the 3 star rating 'snowcoach ' give it but nice & comfy ( maybe a little tired on the decor) & food was plentiful & good when I was there. Good location for uplift & ski back.
Recently returned from a 2nd trip to VC & loved it, this time self catering. I personally prefer the lanslebourg end of town but they a both nice.
I have read there is a night club but never heard, or seen it; place is very quiet at night so give it a miss if you are after loud apres ski.
Decent amount of skiing ( 125km) although not too much for advanced skiers I suspect. Good value food etc & locals very friendly.
Would go back again for sure.
Mitch
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pedro_2004 wrote:
I have a decent price from the Hotel Relais des 2 cols and just wondering what its like ? is it close to the slopes and convenient ?
or is there another good slopeside hotel/residence there that I should be looking at ?
also is there a night club in the village and if so which part Lanslebourg or Lanselevillard ?
any views on club hotel alpazur ? another option going with snowcoach .
Thanks in anticipation

Hi We drove back yesterday. Stayed at the Bonheur Des Pistes apartments which were wonderfully placed just on the fringe of Lanslevillard at the bottom of the piste - so possible (when there's snow in the valley) to ski to and from the ski locker room. We went with Snowtrex and got a stonking deal (£611 for four of us in a spacious apartment for 6 with lift passes for all of us). The apartments were well appointed and spacious and only 30m to the gondola and the best and cheapest place we found to eat - hot lucnh for 8 with beers at 80 Euros.

The Hotel Relais des 2 Cols is fab and would probably make a wonderful honeymooon hotel but there's not much else to do. Although I suppose if there's 40 of you you 'd make your own entertainment. It's towards the top of the lift system and requires a (as the gentlemen in my party put it) nadger numbing drag lift and red run plus pole down to it, or a walk up, or the hotel has a snow cat that will meet you at the top of the long chair lift out of Lanslebourg. So a great spot for some expensive lunchtime nosh but not at all convenient for the delights of the valley.

The residence Alpage looked good too, slopeside with pool.

Found it to be a relaxed resort and very enjoyable - but prefered the skiing over the hill in Termingon.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oops - just spotted my error - it's the Relais Des Cols that requires the nadger numbing lift ride....the 2 cols is in the valley Embarassed

can only put it down to severe post holiday blues....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks everyone for your valued assistamce ...nothing like a bit of on the spot expertise and its much appreciated
veering towards the Balcon apartments now as they seem good value and look to be convenient for the lift system
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pedro_2004,
Which 'Balcons' are you looking at? 'The Village' would be the one to go for IMHO.
Also ski hire is very 'cheap' compared to some other resorts & plenty of options to choose from ( think Balcons has a ski hire outlet on site)
If you do decide to drive it, I think some operators who suggest 8 1/2 to 9 hours driving time from Calais must have be assuming you're in an Aston ( or similar) Laughing
More like 11 to 12.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mitchell thanks for your help, the Balcon village is the one I'm looking at and we are sort of planning to do it by luxury coach ...if I can get enough interest together to get a group of 40 sorted ....we're just all so fed up with airports and hassle and driving whilst fine is a slog for the driver plus we may well be able to get 8 days skiing out of a weeks holiday although not entirely sure if thats necessarily a good thing at my age !
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pedro_2004 wrote:
the Balcon village is the one I'm looking at

put a call out for Zwee - she and her family stayed there this January
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy