Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crushed My Helmet!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Carrying my Giro Omen on my backpack getting off the telecanine last week - big slab of ice under my boot - both feet in the air and landed on it. I'm sure it was freakin hilarious to watch but as I now find out seriously expensive to replace. I loved the Omen as it had the most venting I could possibly find and due to a good USD/GBP rate a few years back didn't seem to bad in price comparison to others I tried.

Now having a poke around it looks like retail prices are northwards of 150 quid! I'll keep my ebay ears open of course but does anyone have any tips on alternative makes that will keep my brain cool as well as protected? Might be able to bag an end of season deal somewhere !

Sorry I know this is about the millionth helmet posting but be gentle to a guy with a brusied ego and battered helmet!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowhouse, safest place for it has to be on your head! Hope you find a good replacement.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Giro crash replacement scheme. Not entirely sure how it works and i don't know if it's the same for skiing as it is bikes but my friend ruined his remedy in a crash and got a new one for about half price.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowhouse, Perhaps your household insurance covers slipping on ice and damaging things Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah I smashed my Giro G10mx into a tree at christmas time.. I sent a few emails.. got a replacement, then sold it for a k2 rant Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
oh btw, like el nombre, said it wasn't completely free..
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A crushed helemt Shocked Ow! Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers, the replacement scheme would have been interesting if I had the receipt! Good to know for next time though. Wise words pam w, but it's still a bit hot to be wearing one in a tiny plastic bubble in April sunshine. If someone makes one with even more vents then I'm laughing.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My thoughts ran along similar lines to halfhand, so I was rather nervous in case this thread had pictures Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My Giro G10 is fine, but you don't see many helmets of any variety discounted very often.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Did anyone else think this thread was going to be worse than this one

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=63906&highlight=

or was is it just me? Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DB, Yes that is exactly what was worrying me. Shocked
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I wonder how many men looked at the thread title and winced.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Keep up Megamum! Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy