Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Haute Route Record Broken

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.examiner.com/x-37454-Outdoor-Adventure-Examiner~y2010m4d7-Chamonix-to-Zermatt-Haute-Route-record-broken

Seems to have been missed on here. 43 minutes taken off the old record from Chamonix church to Zermatt church. This includes running!! from Chamonix to Argentiere and then again at the end. Amazing.

Also (and where I spotted the link hidden at the end) some news on the British team at the world ski mountaineering championships can be found at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=52860
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rick Marchant, the guide i hires on my recent Chamonix trip, was thinking about having a pop at that. totally nutz - i'd be done in on the run up to Argenitiere!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno, my mates once had to do it downhill after getting of a climb too late and missing the train, took them ages and they managed to hitch from half way.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's pretty nuts. Fastest i've heard of was a friend of mine who did it in a little over 2 days from Grands Montets. Apparently he could have made it to zermatt by the end of the second day but conditions were rapidly deteriorating so decided to stay the night in a refuge & finish the following morning. Now i know how fit Euan was so i can't imagine what those guys were like.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What an effort!

The chap who rents our place in Flaine is a bit of a similar record holder.

Twice the winner of the Patrouille de Glacier, bi-annual race Zermatt to Verbier.
He was the first ever winner on Dynafits with a time of 8 hours 45 mins or so.

He is also a Guide.

He was a member of the French Olympic ski team.
He later went on to be the Downhill coach for the French team.

AND he was Chemmy Alcott's first proper coach.

I'd love to see what times these guys who broke the HR record will post in this year's PdG in 10 days time.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Note that there's a typo near the end - it was 20 hrs 28mins 5 secs not 8hrs 28 etc. . These guys are indeed superhuman, but don't (quite) have wings.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GrahamN, I'd been wondering about that, it seems to read as if they took over 8 hours for the last km (which while understandable after that effort is clearly not the case).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy