Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anywhere still worth going now??

Poster: A snowHead
I haven't checked in for a while, but now I come back and its all doom and gloom and melting snow!!?? I've just resigned at work and have time off prior to starting my new job and I was hoping to head off somewhere next weekend ish (2nd / 3rd april) ....

is there anywhere still worth going!? any suggestions?

Cheers
ad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Adam Holt, I'm going to Val Thorens that weekend - it is still very snowy there and looks like there may be some more during the week! snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ian Hopkinson wrote:
Adam Holt, I'm going to Val Thorens that weekend - it is still very snowy there and looks like there may be some more during the week! :sH:

Val Tho would be my choice in France at the moment. It looks like it will snow Saturday afternoon through Sunday but above 1800-2000 meters. It will remain very warm and any snow below that altitude will be very very humid.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Go high.

i.e. Glaciers.

e.g. Kaprun Austria.
Most of the skiing is above 2000m.
22 out of 24 lifts open.
Lower slopes 55cm upper slopes 290 cm

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Kaprun.0to3top.shtml
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're off to Obertauern on April 2nd. The webcam shows quite a lot of snow left, although looks a bit more bare in parts than the same time last year. Hopefully the Easter Bunny'll leave some of it's white fluffy bobtail behind and refresh the slopes.........(what the h€ll am I on about???)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Breckenridge had better be worth going to.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tignes, Val T, Arc 2000 - the usual high resort destinations have the best conditions. Last week's rain brought some 15cms above 2200m, but unfortunately a very hot sunny day followed.

At the end of the coming week a cold snap is currently being forecast, but that's still some way off to be a certainty.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whistler, it's great here. But that probably doesn't help much!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As stuarth said, whistler is very good right now (the top 3/4 of the mountains at least Smile. I think Heavenly is pretty good too - they still have a 10 foot snowbase and within the last week had 72 inches! Mammoth has still been getting snow and is reporting a ridiculous 16-18 foot snowbase! So any of these resorts would probably be a ton of fun.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Vail is pretty good, with another front due in tomorrow to top up the freshies in Blue Sky Basin... Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mammoths snowfall history this season

Historical Snowfall Data
2004/05 Seasonal snowfall total: 525"
(past years' totals)
Mar: 82" to date Feb: 71" total Past months
Mar 27 12"
Mar 24 2"
Mar 23 3"
Mar 22 24"
Mar 21 12"
Mar 20 11"
Mar 19 12"
Mar 18 3"
Mar 04 3"
Feb 27 9"
Feb 21 9"
Feb 20 6"
Feb 19 11"
Feb 18 6"
Feb 16 1"
Feb 15 20"
Feb 14 2"
Feb 11 6"
Feb 06 1"
Jan 144"
Dec 116"
Nov 27"
Oct 82"
Sep 3"

79 inches of snow in the last 11 days.....might make it worth going to , especially since there was a ton of snow there already! Luckily we are off on Saturday, which I booked last Autumn. Might just have chosen right place, right time this year .
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stuarth, ponder, Wear The Fox Hat, Colin, Its a bit of a long way to go for a week!! I would have been in Whistler at the minute but then I found out that I was going to be a dad so those plans were scrapped!!

Anyone seeing any last minute deals advertised anywhere? I'm probably looking at Val T realistically ...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Adam Holt, congratulations on nearly being a dad! My (dad) advice would be to go somewhere with some mates and some kicking apres. It may be a while before you have the chance again. Some snow would be good I suppose...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Over the pond only
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
work colleague is in La Plagne this week, the report is "the snow is s**t".........so you may want to avoid there !!
latest report
Looking at going the week after 9/10th April.
Where's good? Val T or D.Tignes or somewhere Austrian os Swiss?
As i don't know any good late season Places in Austria or Switz.
Don't fancy going across the pond,unless its bloody cheap!
Also seen a few deals for Norway,anybody been there recently (or ever!)
latest report
I'd go somewhere with powder...
ski holidays
That is the intention.Though preferably somewhere off piste where the liklihood of meeting Houses/Chalets & is very unlikely!
Where's that anyway?
snow conditions
Simon (Mr T), that's NOT off piste! It's Belle's Camp at the top of the Skyline & Earls Lifts in Blue Sky Basin (taken last Monday)

This is the view to the right of it...
snow report
I gathered it wasn't off piste! I was just saying i like me' powder without having to avoid things! Well in the trees is a lotta fun. Razz
snow report
AAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my mate took so long getting his finger out that we've now lost out on what were seemingly the last 2 seats out of scotland this weekend!!! GIMP!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy