Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Back from first visit to Morzine...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
...and loved it! Had a fabulous chalet (Rasera) via Mountain Highs, very near to Piou Piou Club, Pleney Bubble, main town...didn't want to leave, happy to recommend them to anyone, they were really helpful before departure and in resort when we needed a doctor for my youngest.

Nice snow up high all day but slushy on run to resort by the afternoon as the weather was so hot in the late part of the week (but have had a dump alert to say they have had more snow last night). Such a huge area that I reckon I saw only half of it (oh how skiing with kids is a different ski break!!). Plenty of snow to ski all day every day even this late in the season (I was worried about that before we went).

Thanks to everyone who advised me when I asked about Morzine all those months ago, and to those who advised BASS Morzine, Buster was a fab teacher. We also used Easy2Ride for the kids, excellent. It really is a nice town.

OOOH, wish I was back there now!

I want to plan next year now, better put that on a new thread though....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Half of it? Hmmm...more like a tenth!! Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does show that late season in resorts perceived as low like Morzine you often still get great conditions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Does show that late season in resorts perceived as low like Morzine you often still get great conditions.

Yes, that's true, but this year late conditions are particularly good. Still, a better bet than Christmas! There are slopes round here as low as Morzine's base, but I haven't visited them in a little while now. But from about 1500m up, it's fantastic, dependent on aspect.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ooooh....have posted another question about Christmas next year...do I need to get high then! Have never been earlier than late Feb to anywhere....!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
shmaggle, some of the best skiing I've had in Les Gets/Morzine was over Christmas 5 years ago. And I've also enjoyed this current week (last of the season for LG) at least a couple of times. Fact is that it's down to luck. Just go for it - if you're in Morzine and plan to ski around PdS you can't really go wrong any way.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just luck isn't it. I was in Morzine at Easter 4 ? years ago, had enormous dump of snow and February conditions until last day, was 16 degrees at 1500m. You never can tell.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, it is luck. But the fact remains that snow is likely to be more scarce at Christmas than at Easter, most years. Higher altitude makes it more snowsure, but also more likely to be bitterly cold, windy, and maybe with lifts shut. In the past 7 seasons there have been some super Christmas snows, and some absolutely dire ones.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We had great snow in Les Gets March this year, heard reports of it and booked a flight for the next morning.
Heavy snowfalls meant snow was thick on piste and fantastic off.
The sun came out to finish off a great week.
So impressed with Les Gets that I am currently looking to buy an apartment, seems perfect for the kids.

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chattonmill, Welcome to snowHeads. Nice pics Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've got plenty more where those came from, I think I took 200+ photo's this year!
Thanks for the welcome!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chattonmill, another welcome - glad that you enjoyed it. We were very lucky with the weather and it seemed to just get better. The area seems great for kids - ours are all grown up now but we have just had our five year old grand-daughter staying, for the last week of the season in fact, and she had a brilliant time with classes with the 360 ski school, made some new friends so there was someone to chase round the mountain or have a snowball fight with in the village. We were introduced to the great Grand Cry area for children which we had never ventured into before.

I have seen your note about looking for apartment or chalet, if you are registered with all the agents in the village you have probably covered yourself. Its all chalets up where we are and one behind us was for sale but I think has been withdrawn, and it was somewhere in the region of 750,000 euros. I could let you know about costs but we are in a chalet rather than apartment and I think would not give you the right idea. But will pass on if you PM me some time.

Just left Les Gets this morning and en route home now and it was looking lovely!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy