Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer Ski-ing 2010?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
does anyone know any good ski-resorts in Switzerland or France that are suitable in summer?
Im looking to go on 4th to the 7th of July, Which gives me 4 days at the resort. I'm having a lot of trouble finding an agency that actually lets you stay for less than a week.
Does anyone know where i could get some good deals aswell?
Thanks. Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
muj7860, Les Deux Alpes should be good. If you get in touch with Charlotte Swift (easiski.com) she could point you in the direction of some apartments etc. as well as ski lessons (because there's a limited amount of space available, and much of it taken up by race training, having lessons is probably the most productive way to use a few days on the glacier).

Lots to do in the afternoons, once the skiing is finished, too. We were there last June, and it was great.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The resorts question gets asked all the time. Search this site, or google, or here is one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/5022748/Glacier-skiing-Euopes-ten-top-glaciers.html

I've been to both hintertux and Kaprun (Kitzteinhorn) in September and had some pretty good though fairly short days. Even had a cm or two of fresh snow ont he Kitsteinhorn. Kitz had a couple of drags running at the top and the runs were fairly short. Hintertux 2 drags and a chair running at the top so offered much longer runs.

Only ever done DIY in summer. Accom. in summer is easy to find and in abundance. get lists fromt he local tourist offices. And you'll be able to negotiate a good price too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
muj7860, Go self service will work out cheaper!

Switzerland - Use the rail Swiss Transfer ticket to get from point to point.

Everywhere contact hotels directly as there are great deals to be had.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stelvio pass Italy. Lots of good accommodation only 2.5 hours north of Milan.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have had a week in LDA in July for the last 5 years, last year was windy and hot consequently the lifts were shut for a couple of days, and when they reopened on the Friday it was very slushy - I had just one run down and could barely stay upright. There are a lot of other things to do in LDA in the summer. LDA has a big glacier but a large part of it is sectioned off by teams doing race training.

This year I am hoping to do a week in Tignes during July.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
if you check out the saas fe and zermatt websites they both over good summer ski packages, ie hotel and liftpass..as Fattes13 sayes use the swiss transfer ticket after fying to geneva or zurich with a budget line.

also theres a company that does a pretty cheap package for weekend sking/ski test in Tignes, but can't remember the details.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
anyone ever gone into the southern hemisphere during (our) summer?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all your replies people, Keep them coming.
Just rang up a few agencies and their still way to expensive only for 4days. I'm trying to figure out doing it all seperate but, I just cant seem to find te info that i need.
Any sugesstions?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
How does £80/night half board sound? That is what accorhotels.com just quoted me for the Mercure in Les Deux Alpes for those dates - it seems to let you book any length of stay.

Obviously you need to get there, but that's true wherever you go!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have a look at www.summerski.co.uk as well. Some availability in Les Deux Alpes for 4 nights.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
muj7860, have you contacted Charlotte? There are some good apartments she can put you in touch with, though obviously that could be a bit expensive if you are on your own.

micky, I think there are also loads of racers in Tignes? There certainly were when we there in October a couple of years ago.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I cant seem to find a contact page on Charlotte..Do you have an email address?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The other option is not to stay in resort. We went over the AdH for the Tour a couple of years ago (I know no skiing in AdH over the summer), but we stayed in a campsite about 3km up the climb to AdH at La Garde. Plenty of campsites in the valley, and plenty of accommodation in Bourg d'Oisans - which is only a short drive to L2A.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
muj7860, There is a mail link on the right hand side towards the bottom on the front page of easiski.com

For hotels http://www.les-lutins.com/ takes some beating for value
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy