Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

are the snow-domes getting quiter? (Hemel / MK)

Poster: A snowHead
Last time I went (in December) it was crazy busy ... so just wondered how the domes are looking now the ski season (for most of us) is coming to an end.

Just got back from my last trip of the season Sad - so need a fix!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
abj, They usually do. Look out for bargains in the Summer. Tamworth is particularly good for this.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
abj, Hemel was VERY quiet on Saturday night, probably something to do with the weather outside maybe
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
are there any plans for longer runs, or quicker lifts back up? The moving carpet thing at Tamworth is excruciatingly slow, especially considering the 10 seconds and 3 turns you're rewarded with at the end.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, significantly quieter. There are school holiday courses this week (Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri) so a little bit busier with kids, but next week should be very quiet.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sat was dead and it is noticeably quieter now... but one down side is they typically will only run one poma when its quiet so the uplift can be slow at times if you get stuck behind a newbie.... also the lesson slope at hemel now has a fun slide bit in the middle which makes the lesson slope a bit busier and restricted.

but a good time to train
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some of them are however this will be rocking Manchester this weekend!

http://www.gromgames.co.uk/Grom_Games/Welcome.html
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dr John, longer runs would be good. Have you seen the snowdome in Dubai, looks pretty cool, they even have trees I think!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the updates guys.

Might try and get down to Hemel one evening.

I also keep meaning to give the 'performance coaching session' first thing on a Saturday a go (if it's still happening). I've done the equivalent session at MK and enjoyed it ... has anyone any experience of it / how busy it is?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
abj wrote:

I also keep meaning to give the 'performance coaching session' first thing on a Saturday a go (if it's still happening). I've done the equivalent session at MK and enjoyed it ... has anyone any experience of it / how busy it is?

I went a couple of times last summer before the tele steeze started regularly. Main benefit is a quiet slope and some quite gentle coaching. Don't expect to be slamming gates or lots of 1 footed drills.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatbob wrote:
Don't expect to be slamming gates or lots of 1 footed drills.

I know someone who does that to their clients Wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yep, Tamworth is way quieter and some good offers coming out in at least the members mailshots, Middle daughter has just done both the Junior fast track 3hr snowboard lessons (second of which turned into a private lesson after about 25min after the only other kid on it decided he had had enough!) for well under the normal price of one session.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Main benefit is a quiet slope and some quite gentle coaching. Don't expect to be slamming gates or lots of 1 footed drills.

Sounds like my sort of thing ... don't think I'm cut out for race training/gates!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I went a couple of times last summer before the tele steeze started regularly.

That reminded me, does anyone know if Hemel do any telemark lessons (couldn't see anything on their website)? I'll probably be terrible at it, but I've always wanted to give it a go.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sorry OT but if you ever visit Ski Dubai make the effort to get there at 9 a.m. on a Friday or Saturday. You'll make 1st Tracks on groomed cordouroy, you an assess your turns looking down on the tracks from the chairlift and last time I went there was no-one else on the slopes for half an hour. Get's busy from 10ish onwards. Apart from me and Timdog, they're not early risers round here. Laughing
( PS other days Ski Dubai opens at 10 a.m. )
snow conditions
abj,
Quote:

That reminded me, does anyone know if Hemel do any telemark lessons (couldn't see anything on their website)? I'll probably be terrible at it, but I've always wanted to give it a go.

Not yet.. but there may be a chance in the future..
ski holidays
ski, sounds intriguing ... any more info/clues?
snow conditions
Matt Higginson (Snowsport England Telemark Development officer) runs regular telemark session at Tamworth and will run them elsewhere (such as Hemel) if requested. Full details on http://www.telemark-skiing.co.uk/
ski holidays
RobW, thanks. I'm in West London so Tamworth is a bit of a trek. But will keep an eye out for any courses run at Hemel / Milton Keynes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy