Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Children's Ski Race Championships, Meribel.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just returned home from a very successful weeks racing at the British Children's Champs held in Meribel. Big thanks to the organisers for going ahead with the races after the recent collapse of snowsport GB. The weather and the pistes held well and all races went ahead according to the schedule although i think the juniors were not so lucky the week before.

A special congratulations to CH1 Racer Robert Poth Very Happy and his trainers, Chantelle Goddard - Jones and James Howells from Team Slalom Plus.

Robert achieved another clean sweep in his age group in all 3 disciplines at the British and at the Scottish Championships held in Courchevel. He returned home with 9 Gold medals and 4 Trophies to add to his 3 Gold plates he won at the English Alpine Championships in Bormio back in February! Not sure any Child racer has achieved this before but i await Plugboy to correct me if i am wrong Laughing

Robert like many other ski racers doesn't receive any financial help or sponsorship of equipment and has achieved his results on extremely limited training time out on snow. If anybody is interested or able to help support Robert with his ski training/racing and equipment we'd be more than pleased to hear from you.

Thank you!
Smile

Robert Poth - British CH1 Champion 2010

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 11-04-10 9:39; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
heres a shot fom the SL at the scottish champs in courchevel, anyone who was racing at any of the events can purhcase pictures from racer ready magazine
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gillian, Well done to Robert. Brillaint results! Very Happy
I don't know if it has been done before or not, but I very much doubt it. TJ did the Brit clean sweep a few times as did a couple of other racers, but never did the English cleen sweep. The Scottish children's races have only been going in Courcheval since 2008 and were cancelled a lot in Scotland prior to that. So his achievement is probably a first ever. Very difficult to do, finish & win 8 championship races on snow. Superb!
(Recognise a few of the trophies in the picture though!)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Going back a long while I think Reuben Kuruvila may have done it in the mid 90s. Peter Heath could probably tell you. Major congrats to Robert, top skiing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gillian, get polishing wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DAB,

I have already and they look soooo much better! Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gillian, Don´t forget to return them or Ros will call you out for a minute of shame at the 2011 prize giving hehehe
Good luck fot the week end BTW!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sick. So cool.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DAB wrote:
Gillian, Don´t forget to return them or Ros will call you out for a minute of shame at the 2011 prize giving hehehe

so true Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We wouldn't dream of not returning them for next years championships!! I think it's appalling when people dont!!! Some Clubs seem to think it amusing? I dont understand that really!

In fact ...I actually think that organisations should tighten up when people dont return trophies especially if that person happens to win something again ,then they should not be allowed to receive their award. So unfair and disappointing for the new winner not to receive a trophy which selfishly hasn't been returned by the previous years winner!

I also wouldn't want to be ticked off by Ros either... Toofy Grin

Think she did a marvellous job up in that timing control box at the British on her own taking command,commentating two separate ski races, one of which she couldn't even see!!
Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gillian wrote:

I also wouldn't want to be ticked off by Ros either... Toofy Grin

Think she did a marvellous job up in that timing control box at the British on her own taking command,commentating two separate ski races, one of which she couldn't even see!!
Smile

that was brilliance...i was shooting the one she couldn't see... we had no comentary so had no idea who was on course... not helped by lack of radio coms Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
faithhevans, Many Thanks for your congratulations and comments for Robert! Very kind.

Robert would very much like to have a sponsor for equipment or training !!! We're still seeking.....(Like everybody else..) but it's not an easy task at all in the present climate. I need a mortgage for the engraving!! Laughing

With 8 National titles and an International silver medal this winter season, He's had an amazing time..... We hope he'll be able to continue Confused
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy