Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding only resort

Poster: A snowHead
eretochat wrote:
Also sherlock another thing mate, it does not matter if one is used to a tow lift, given a chance a boarder would rather a chair anyday, ask around you will see. How would a chair slow one down ????????? also other great lift for boarders would be more rope tows or the relaxing magic carpets like this one Little Angel
http://youtube.com/v/df1KSGiaQZQ even us adults enjoy them lol.

in a park, i would rather have a poma lift cos firstly they're cheaper so the resort can either spend the savings on better park designers and builders, and secondly their pylons are easier to move about if they decide to change the park layout after a season or two. i'm not a huge fan of rope tows - i find they destroy my gloves unless they have those handle-type thingys on them. and i only like magic carpets for beginners. i hike otherwise, cos i don't have the patience for standing when i could be moving my legs up the mountain. just my thoughts though.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wow a nice normal person has arrived thanks ray, valid points there. Thanks for your imput and for being able to read unlike some. Refreshing. Blush Blush
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sherlock235 wrote:
eretochat, Laughing i've been on this forum for a couple of years and since then i've learnt a few things about Lizzard.

1.) Lizzard is a woman
2.) she's snowboarded for a while, so her experience allows her to know a thing or two, both about resorts and about technique and equipment
3.) she can't be bothered to be a stalker, even less be a stalker on any thread unless she's amusing herself cos she's as bored as i am at the end of a season
4.) she lives and works in a resort and has done so for a while. this means she'll also know a bit about what goes into a successful resort

(correct me if i'm wrong here on any point pls Lizzard Laughing .)

Whereas, from here..

eretochat wrote:
Hey im 35 female only started boarding this year love it....

...which probably explains most of the apparent confusion in this thread - inexperience. Entirely understandable.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Red leon, your point here is neither relevent, nor interesting, i was right about you too much time on your hands, is Lizzard a girl? wow, i am shocked at her behaving as she has, and what does it matter about starting out boarding, i have friends who boarded for years, my brother for one, i have heard them chatting about board only resorts many a time, so your comment does not have any relevance here, a forum is a place of chat and learning so your point is what? I am guessing since you have been here a couple of years, i am not the first to be subjected to your stupid remarks. Smile Get a life mate.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 13-04-10 15:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Red Leon wrote:
... inexperience. Entirely understandable.

i guess we've all had to start somewhere. sometimes just in a "more polite" way than others. wink but then, life would be exceedingly boring if we all agreed with each other all the time.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes sherlock so why are you still such a knob then, answer me that? did not happen for you eh lol Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
eretochat,

You really are a charmer, aren't you?

I was offering a possible explanation for your odd view of what might make a boarder-friendly resort (among them your frankly ridiculous suggestion that chairs in the park would be better than tows) - viz, you speak from a position of relative inexperience.

And by the way, you seem to post replies pretty regularly & quickly yourself - perhaps you have too much time on your hands and ought to 'get a life, mate'. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Red Leon, and check the date...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So I'm being lectured by a one-week boarder here. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mind you, that would indeed explain her problem with drag lifts, skiers, tracks and short radius turns.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dr John, surely for that date, it's not a joke/prank if it's after 1200 gmt/whichever time zone you're in?

on a lighter note, i guess i should feel special now i've also been flamed for pointing out some behavioural problems in the sock puppet, sorry, newby.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sherlock235, you credit the creature with knowing the cut-off time for pranks, something they they have spectacularly failed to do in this forum. And you should feel extra special for apparently making friends with The Idiot, only to be flamed about 3 minutes later. Just about sums up whatever 6th form sociopath is behind the posts (I'm not buying the 35 year old woman statement, no 35 year old is that stupid and ignorant)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dr John, ah well, you try to be reasonable and welcoming. apparently we're only allowed to defend and agree with the op. we're not allowed to defend anyone, especially if they have said something that disagrees with the op or her offensive behaviour. *pootles off to find another thread*
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Red leon i think its you who has to much time on your hands dick, i am hear just to hear peoples opinions on a topic as for you, you are just here to start trouble as your mates are also, Lizard neither here nor there how long i have been boarding, i have been around the sport years, my dear, Dr john are you still trying to insult, god you are all like a pack of dogs, pathetic really, was sherlock trying to be nice wow i missed that one, you still come across as rude and childish. One more point Dr John why would i not be a 35 year old woman , not that you would know what a woman feels like lol, i am getting such a laugh outta you guys rants and raves, talk about buttons that are easily pushed, pathetic. Thank God Dr John has left, now there is just a few more to follow his footsteps, off you go. Evil or Very Mad Follow the head sheep. Laughing rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ok *yawn* now i've really got bored. you're right (of course you're right. what was i thinking?) i'm out.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eretochat wrote:
Red leon i think its you who has to much time on your hands.....

Yes, dear - you've said that at least once already. You're so angry I'm sure it must soon be time for your medication. Sleep tight.
ski holidays
Just thought i would repeat it for you, as you seem to be able only to copy my words, idiot. Have you not gone yet, please follow the herd of sheep that are only here to cause trouble, and leave the chat to those who want to discuss the topic. Go on now off ya go! Little Angel
snow conditions
eretochat, sheep come in flocks, girly. And we've all tried to discuss the topic, but to no avail. If discussion is really what you want, you will have to accept that it involves opinions other than your own.
ski holidays
Lizzard are you still here really, all you want to do is argue GIRLY, so carry on, off ya go, i welcome all opinions that is what a forum is for right???? just not idiots who act like they are in a pack of wolves, now carry on, i guess you would know about sheep as you are one. NehNeh Shocked
snow report
Serre chevalier has some pretty fierce drags , half way they have a loads woops just before a 60degree incline , you launch off the last woop into the air and land a couple metres up the incline Shocked
somehow not as painfull as the T-bars in finland that were sooooo slow !! 15minute drag to the top of a run that took about 2 minutes to get down Mad
as for the expert talk on forums , sometimes i PMSL and wonder what these "keyboard experts" are like Laughing Laughing
latest report
That drag sounds painful, 15 mins is way to long, now that sounds like it needs a chair lift, another point, alot of resorts need to update there lifts asap, story's on the worse lifts would be funny, any takers? lets do a top ten. wink
snow conditions
eretochat wrote:
story's on the worse lifts would be funny, any takers? lets do a top ten. wink

I'm pretty sure that every one of them would be in Canterbury in NZ.

Aforementioned high speed rope tows. They will humble anybody for at least a morning, regardless of skill on skis or board, and it's no fun getting spanked while you are watching epic snow being tracked. If you get your hair caught in the pullies, then you go bald, if you get a finger in the pullies, you don't have it any more. And it's really easy to smack your plums into the pullies too. And the climbing harness gives you a real bad wedgie. And if the nutcracker flies off the rope, it usually smashes you in the face. Or the plums.

http://www.boardtheworld.com/Home/Magazine/Adventures/Adventures?&riID=901

The new one going in at Roundhill will be a whole new experience in earning your turns. 1.4km long, 6-700 metres of vert, accessing some sick looking terrain. I've sat in the car park getting drunk while the kids snowboard, looking at the face out the back many times, and never been sober or keen enough to hike it. No excuse now, but the lift will suck.

Obviously with $74 of investment in a lift at a mountain, you don't get a gondola to get up to there either. You have to drive it, and that's a whole new experience in sh1tting yourself Laughing

Single lane goat tracks covered with snow and ice for 20km's up the side of a mountain are a good sphincter workout. On more than one occasion I've had mates get out and walk in preference to the drive back down. You can't sue for personal injury either, so a crash barrier is a rare site. But the car insurance is cheap Cool
latest report
Brill hang11, well written there, jesus that tow sounds like hell, hate to have a pair of plums lol, hey sounds like Roundhill looks good, next time leave the beers at home and get out on the terrain, sounds amazing. Very Happy Are you from that part of the world?
snow conditions
I used to live up there until a couple of years ago, so those were my local hills. Had to move south, so I get to ride the bigger commercial fields around Queenstown and Wanaka now. Still good, but very different vibe. I get a lot more days on the mountain, and a lot more distance covered, but a lot more people around. Still great, just different.

There will be a very picture heavy snow report thread starting in about 8 weeks time Very Happy So you can see what it looks like.

I'm tramping into Fiordland tomorrow for a few days to go fishing. The forecast is for snow to 600 metres, I'll be up at 1300 metres or so tomorrow night. Can't wait, first snow of the year.
snow conditions
Cool sounds amazing, do you fly fish?
snow report
yeh, tho not very well
snow report
nice a fellow flyfisher come snowboarder, we do flyfishing here in Ireland also, heading to fish the mayfly next month on Lough Corrib in Galway, great fish there, boyfriend is amazing he caught a 8 pound trout on the dry last year, my best is only 6 pounds, nice fish though. Very Happy
snow report
Do you do any Salmon fishing there? Friend went fishing down your way said it was amazing, water so clear.
snow conditions
Some of the best fly fishing in the world right on the doorstep.

I could get real boring and post a couple of hundred fish p0rn pics from the last summer. We've had a mouse plague this year, so the trout have got huge 12 - 16lb's not that uncommon where I'm heading to this weekend. I've got a few mouse flies in my box, but not sure if the fish will still be on them.

Have a look at this, a trailer for a fly fishing film made around the south of the south island

http://youtube.com/v/gSp3nwVltmM

The salmon fishing is mainly over on the big East Coast rivers. Bores the cr4p out of me with all that casting, sight fishing to spooky trout is way more fun.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Right off topic here, but guessing that doesn't matter now Very Happy

Here's a couple of pics I took at the end of March, it's on the coastal side of Fiordland, but near where I'm off to tomorrow. That's dolphins, not trout Cool

snow conditions
feck me, we will have J R Hartley posting on here soon wink

Btw the Milford Sounds were most impressive on a very drizzle/misty day ! Very Happy
snow conditions
Very Happy

Some more fishing fun

ski holidays
hang11, that´s some serious hardwear you´ve got going on there for a spot of fishing! Beautiful pics btw Very Happy
snow conditions
hang11,
Quote:

There will be a very picture heavy snow report thread starting in about 8 weeks time

Can't wait, and if they're half as good as the ones above I doubly can't wait.
ski holidays
A Shocked Little Angel mazing photos there, yeah i know what you mean about the salmon fishing alright, when the conditions are right its amazing though, Caught 3 over ten pounds last September, looking forward to trying our own flys this year in May, should be interesting. Whats the story with the heli on the boat??
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy